News & Events
- CenTraS Seminars: Stylistics and the Study of Translated Online News
- CenTraS Seminars: User-Generated Translation
- CenTraS Seminars: Reading Minds: Interaction Shifts in Translated Mental-Health Leaflets
- CenTras Seminars: Face Management and Audience Response in Subtitling
- CenTraS Seminars: Translators' Revision Processes
- CenTraS Seminars: Theoretical Issues Chinese/ English Translation
- CenTraS Seminars: Gayspeak and Gay Subjects in Audiovisual Translation: Strategies in Italian Dubbing
- CenTraS Seminars: Marketing Translated Literature: Translation As Armchair Travelling
- CenTraS Seminars: Machine Translation
- CenTraS Seminars: The Challenge of Video Game Localisation
- IV International Conference Translating Voices, Translating Regions, Conference Series
- CenTraS Seminars: Translation at the cross-roads; time for the transcreational turn?
- CenTraS Seminars: Queer affective translations in activist movements. Speaker: Michela Baldo
- CenTraS Seminars: Film musicals in translation: textual choices for the song episodes
- CenTraS Seminars: Towards a micro-history of translators and translation. Speaker: Prof. Jeremy Munday
- CenTraS Seminars: Corpora in Translation Practice
- CenTras Seminars: The art of譯（yì）
- CenTraS Seminars: The language of interlingual subtitles
- Trommons Conference '14: Language for the rest of us.
- Dr Jorge Díaz-Cintas receives an award
- Dr Victoria Solomonidis on Radio 4
- Je suis Saleem. Solidarity, Translation and Postcolonial Literature in Polish
- Between the Covers
- Can translation help eradicate poverty?
In this talk, Alberto Sanz Martins, head of the Translations Team at Oxfam Great Britain, will explore the linguistic needs of a large INGO. More...
Published: Oct 14, 2015 3:13:00 PM
Ros Schwartz will talk about the nuts and bolts of literary translation with reference to concrete examples from her own work, in particular retranslating classics. More...
Published: Oct 14, 2015 3:07:00 PM
If solidarity is about uniting people despite the differences of country, class, creed or language, then what role does translation have to play? More...
Published: Oct 14, 2015 3:01:00 PM