News & Events
- CenTraS Seminars: Stylistics and the Study of Translated Online News
- CenTraS Seminars: User-Generated Translation
- CenTraS Seminars: Reading Minds: Interaction Shifts in Translated Mental-Health Leaflets
- CenTras Seminars: Face Management and Audience Response in Subtitling
- CenTraS Seminars: Translators' Revision Processes
- CenTraS Seminars: Theoretical Issues Chinese/ English Translation
- CenTraS Seminars: Gayspeak and Gay Subjects in Audiovisual Translation: Strategies in Italian Dubbing
- CenTraS Seminars: Marketing Translated Literature: Translation As Armchair Travelling
- CenTraS Seminars: Machine Translation
- CenTraS Seminars: The Challenge of Video Game Localisation
- IV International Conference Translating Voices, Translating Regions, Conference Series
- CenTraS Seminars: Translation at the cross-roads; time for the transcreational turn?
- CenTraS Seminars: Queer affective translations in activist movements. Speaker: Michela Baldo
- CenTraS Seminars: Film musicals in translation: textual choices for the song episodes
- CenTraS Seminars: Towards a micro-history of translators and translation. Speaker: Prof. Jeremy Munday
- CenTraS Seminars: Corpora in Translation Practice
- CenTras Seminars: The art of譯（yì）
- CenTraS Seminars: The language of interlingual subtitles
- Trommons Conference '14: Language for the rest of us.
- Dr Jorge Díaz-Cintas receives an award
- Dr Victoria Solomonidis on Radio 4
- Je suis Saleem. Solidarity, Translation and Postcolonial Literature in Polish
- Between the Covers
- Can translation help eradicate poverty?
- Audiovisual Translation in the Digital Age - The Italian Fansubbing Phenomenon
- Global cover versions: translations and linguistic remakes of popular songs
- "Keep your distance?” Video-mediated interpreting – state of the art and future prospects
- Subtitling for the deaf and the hard-of-hearing
Professor Dan McIntyre, University of Huddersfield More...
Published: Jan 28, 2016 2:56:30 PM
Talk outline: More...
Published: Jan 25, 2016 3:39:14 PM
Talk outline: More...
Published: Jan 25, 2016 3:33:55 PM
CenTras Seminars: Face Management and Audience Response in Subtitling
Publication date: Oct 21, 2013 02:45 PM
Dec 04, 2013 04:00 PM
End: Dec 04, 2013 05:00 PM
Location: Medawar G02 Watson LT
Speaker: Xiaohui Yuan, Nottingham University
What is face management and how is it represented in Chinese-English subtitles? The seminar dealt with the impact of these factors on viewers' interpretation of the protagonists' personality, attitude and intentions. via an audience response experiment.