CenTraS Seminars: Towards a micro-history of translators and translation. Speaker: Prof. Jeremy Munday
Published: Oct 16, 2014 12:04:00 PM
Published: Oct 16, 2014 12:05:28 PM
Published: Oct 16, 2014 12:07:23 PM
News & Events
- Translation at the cross-roads: time for the transcreational turn? Speaker: David Katan. Date: 22nd October, 4-5pm. Room: Bedford Way G03
Trommons 2014 is organised by the Localisation Research Centre at the University of Limerick,in conjunction with the Centre for Translation Studies (CenTraS) at University College London and is supported by The Rosetta Foundation and CNGL.
Welcome to the future. Welcome to Trommons ’14.
Trommons ‘14 the world’s first Non-Market language forum. What is a non-market? Thousands of volunteers, organisations, strategists, linguists, technologists, entrepreneurs, and visionaries (like you!) focused on giving EVERYONE a voice in the global conversation, regardless of language, location, or ability to pay.
Room: 3/11: Roberts G08 Sir David Davies LT
4/11: Roberts G06 Sir Ambrose Fleming LT 4/11
For more information: www.localisation.ie/forum/
To register for the event: www.localisation.ie/forum/registration/
- Queer affective translations in activist movements. Speaker: Michela Baldo. Date: 19th November, 4-5pm. Room: Bedford Way G03
- Film musicals in translation: textual choices for the song episodes. Speaker: Dr Marta Mateo. Date: 3rd December, 4-5pm. Room: Bedford Way G03.
- Towards a micro-history of translators and translation. Speaker: Prof. Jeremy Munday. Date: 13th January, 4-5pm. Medawar G01 Lankester LT.
- Corpus tools for translators: parallel concordances, bilingual word sketches and term-finding. Speaker: Adam Kilfarriff. Date 27th January, 4-5pm. Room: Medawar G01 Lankester LT.
The art of譯（yì）
3000 years of Chinese translation Speaker: Ms Nicky Harman. Date: 10th February, 4-5pm. Room: Medawar G01 Lankester LT.
- (TBC). Speaker: Dr Daniel Tomozeiu. Date: 3rd March. Room: Medawar G01 Lankester LT.
- Performativity in amateur audiovisual translation. Speaker: Luis Pérez-González. Date: 17th March, 4-5pm. Room: Medawar G01 Lankester LT.
- The language of interlingual subtitles. Speaker: Dr Kristijan Nikolic. Date: 5th May, 5-6pm. Room: Bedford Way G03.
Do you think we can make this site better? Tell us how by emailing any comments or suggestions for improvement to firstname.lastname@example.org