- Using the LS
- User resources
- Online training
- Data examples
- Projects using the LS
- Research outputs
- Contact us
- CeLSIUS intranet
- CALLS-Hub UK Longitudinal Studies
We have developed ten online training modules; these provide information on the variables available and suitable research designs, and also give indications of sample sizes.
- Analysing LS data: regression-based approaches
- Defining a study population
- Events e.g. birth, cancer diagnosis, death, widowhood and the birth or death of a child (for women)
- Fertility rates
- Households and families. See also technical note on changing definitions
- Socio-economic indicators
To use the modules you will need to meet the following basic technical
requirements. All the software specified is free and readily available
Flash: The interactive exercises in the module require the free Macromedia
Flash Player version 5 (or higher). When you start a module, it will
detect whether you have Flash Player installed, and enable you to install
it if you do not.
PDF: Documents linked to the modules are provided as PDF files, for which you need Acrobat Reader.
Page last modified on 24 nov 15 17:48 by Joanne Tomlinson