LS user resources
- Copies of the census forms used to collect LS data
- The data dictionary gives details of the different variables in the ONS LS
- The CALLS-Hub data dictionary contains variables from all three UK LSs
LS application forms
See step 5 of our step-by-step guide to using the LS.
Webinar: The UK Census Longitudinal datasets
On 6th May, CeLSIUS and UK Data Service hosted a short webinar introducing the ONS LS, NILS and SLS, which covered:
- an introduction to the three datasets and the research units that support them
- some examples of research based on them
- guidance on how you can apply to use the data
- restrictions on use and publication that users need to know about
The recording and slides from the webinar are now available at https://www.ukdataservice.ac.uk/news-and-events/eventsitem/?id=4544
Synthetic ONS LS spine data
The first LS synthetic spine is now available to download. This allows you to try out using data which closely resembles the actual ONS LS data before making an application.
Find out more about the Synthetic Data project and download the data – plus a practical exercise to get you started – on the CALLS-Hub information page (download link near bottom of page).
Derived variable database
Offers STATA code to create a range of derived variables along with some
notes on analysis.
- Cause of death
- Communal establishments
- Country of birth
- Economic activity
- Ethnicity derived from country of birth
- Household composition
Other online resources
Page last modified on 03 aug 16 16:25 by Joanne Tomlinson