Cells for Sight News Publication
- New research programme into Aniridia to go ahead at Moorfields Eye Hospital
- CFS will give five paper presentations and two posters at ARVO
- Hannah Levis awarded ARVO International Travel Grant
- UCLB patented technology used to develop a potential new treatment for Corneal Surface Disease
- Stefan Schrader successfully defends his PhD thesis
- Cells for Sight to host 5th Limbal Stem Cell Conference at UCL
- Hannah Levis appears in ESCRS Eurotimes
- Prof Julie Daniels invited speaker at the Gordon Conference in California
- Hannah Levis presents at the BCLA Evening Meeting
- New Postdoc joins the group
- Congrats to Marc for running the Paris Marathon!
- Julie Daniels interview on Insight Radio
- Eye disease cash for TAP Biosystems
- TAP, UCL Receive Additional Funding to Take Biomimetic Cornea into Human Safety Study
- New Scientific Data on use of Stem Cells for Ocular Surface Regeneration Presented by Daniels’ Group at Prestigious Ophthalmology Conference, ARVO
- ARVO 2012 report
- International Conference on Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine
- Julie Daniels Fellow of the Society of Biology
- Welcome to Nuria Genicio!
- London 2012 Olympics is here!
- Farewell Marina!
- Welcome Sara Galindo!
- New research technician joins CFS
- 5th Limbal Stem Cell Meeting
- Recent Publications from CFS
- Alvena visits Prof. Funderburgh's lab in Pittsburgh
- Sarah and Alvena present at London Matrix Group
- Levis et al. manuscript accepted for publication in PLOS ONE
- Amanda Vernon successfully upgrades from MPhil to PhD
- We welcome a new member of CfS- Louise Morgan
- CfS do Movember!
- CfS Christmas Lunch
- New Endothelial RAFT article published in PLOS ONE available online now
- Aniridia Europe Meeting, Italy 2012
- CfS awarded UCL Beacon Bursary to host public engagement event
- Marc Dziasko successfully upgrades from MPhil to PhD
- Hannah and Victoria attend Aniridia Network UK Conference
- Alvena and Isobel visit Istanbul to attend TERMIS
- Marc attends the ISSCR annual conference
- Julie, Louise, Alex and Steve visit Japan
ARVO 2012 report
18 May 2012
So we all arrived back from ARVO in Fort Lauderdale, Florida last week and are just about over our jet-lag! I think its safe to say that everyone from the CFS team had a great meeting, in terms of gaining experience in presenting as well as learning about the new trends and techniques.
Amanda and Alvena had great feedback from their poster presentations, with lots of interest in the new plastic compression process and Amanda's GMP culture techniques. Sarah's oral presentation on differential gene expression in MMP conjunctival tissue went brilliantly- she was a true professional as always! I was also happy with the positive response following my presentation on endothelial cells on RAFT. Alex presented his new grading system for measuring outcomes after limbal epithelial grafts which generated an interesting discussion and both Julie's talks formed part of really great special interest groups and symposia on limbal stem cells and tissue engineering.
There was also time to catch up with friends and collaborators at the SERI reception and dinner at the Cheesecake Factory with Gerd, Stefan, Johannes and the team obviously ended with the consumption of vast amounts of cheesecake! Of course we enjoyed the Florida sunshine but had some rain too- good preparation for next year in Seattle I guess!
Page last modified on 18 may 12 10:30