All Seminars are held in the Gavin De Beer Lecture Theatre, Anatomy Building, Thursday 1-2pm (unless otherwise stated)
Thursday 9 July: midday-2.40pm
Host: Yoshiyuki Yamamoto
Room 249, 2nd Floor, Medical Sciences Building, Gower Street
Steele-Stallard: “Human iPS cell-based platforms for disease modelling and
therapy screening for laminopathies”
Young Embryologist Network
Seminars and events
Young Embryologist Network (YEN), an academic body aimed at improving communication in the developmental biology research environment for Doctoral Students and Post-Doctoral scientists based in the UK.
The overall aims of YEN are to create a diverse research community for the young generation of developmental biologists, and to promote the importance of the field in the UK and around the world. YEN was set up in 2008 by Doctoral Students in the prestigious Research Department of Cell and Developmental Biology at University College London.
YEN hosts an annual meeting and seminars across UK research institutions for young researchers with great success. Over 150 participants from many UK and international institutions attended the YEN:2014 annual meeting. In addition, our Network provides career information for those wishing to remain in academia and beyond.
We aim to gather together PhD students and research scientists working in the field of embryology and we hope that the Young Embryologist Network will continue to expand and evolve in the future.
- To open lines of communication and create a diverse, interactive research community for PhD students, Post-Doc and young PI embryologists; essentially anybody who is at the bench.
- To encourage researchers to think across models and diverse developmental systems.
- To help define and uncover the future direction of the field.
- To promote the importance, and help ensure the continuation of basic research.
- We hope to reach these aims through running the annual Young Embryologist Meeting as well as series of seminars at rotating research institutions (more information to follow!)
Visit the Network's dedicated external site: http://www.youngembryologist.org/
Joining the Network
The network is run by, and for PhD students & Post-Doc researchers. If you would like to join the network and keep up to date with events, or if you have any ideas on how you would like it to function then:
|Email YEN at: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Join the YEN Facebook group|
Page last modified on 23 jan 15 10:59 by Serife H Dervish