- Prof Claudio Stern awarded one of seven Advanced Grants from ERC
- Prof David Becker nominated for BBSRC Innovator of the Year Award
- Young Embryologist Network Meeting
- Prof Lewis Wolpert at the world's only Philosophy Festival
- CDB PhD Student wins two prestigious awards
- Prof Christopher Dean wins Excellence in Medical Education Award
- Prof Steve Wilson interviewed in 'Development'
- CDB Scientists discover sense of direction is innate
- CDB Scientists discover genes 'decide who wins body’s battle with cancer'
- Cells’ grouping tactic points to new cancer treatments
- Prof Geoff Burnstock wins two prestigious awards
- The secret life of cells revealed
- Dr Greg Campbell wins UCL teaching award
- Dr Samuel Lee warns that women are risking their lives in pursuit of a child
- Head of CDB elected President of the International Society for Developmental Biology
- CDB scientist awarded prestigious Developmental Neurobiology prize
- CDB research highlighted in Emmy award-winning National Geographic film
- New funding for research into the genetic causes of Parkinson's, awarded to CDB
- Prof Steve Hunt prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award for Neuroscience
- Prof Claudio Stern interviewed on the implications of US stem cell funding ban lift
- CDB students win UCL Graduate School Research Poster Competition
- Reptile fossil reignites debate over New Zealand’s submergence
- CDB scientists identify mechanism behind brain asymmetry
- CDB Students win Prizes in UCL Graduate School Competition
- Antisocial, invasive cells cause secondary tumours, say UCL scientists
- Jurassic turtles could swim
- Scientists gain insight into motor neurone disease
- Neuroscientist receives international prize for ‘pioneering work’
- Prof Claudio Stern elected FRS
- Spirals shape how we think
- Found: The frog from hell
- How insulin could reduce scarring
- CDB New Grants Success
- CDB Professor appointed Sainsbury Wellcome Centre: Interim Director
- Crucial sex hormones re-routed by missing molecule
- Prof Zeki on how a blind man 'sees' the world
- Love: it’s all the same to the brain
- Prof Semir Zeki on BBC World Service 'The Forum'
- Zebrafish lab wins two Wellcome Image Awards
- UCL voted best place for postdocs to work
- CDB wins 1st prize in UCL Graduate School Competition
- Prestigious Beddington Medal awarded to CDB graduate Carlos Carmona-Fontaine
- Fossil Specimen is the "oldest pregnant lizard we have seen" says Prof Susan Evans
- Used postal stamps collection for the Leprosy Mission
- Sainsbury Wellcome Centre granted planning permission
- Salinas lab findings on halting Alzheimer's disease in mice published in Journal of Neuroscience
- CDB grad student Andrew Beale wins 1st prize in UCL Poster Competition
- CDB PhD Students Wins First Prize in Biosciences Research Poster Competition
- Stern Lab shows that somites can form without a clock
Thursday March 13th, 1pm
Thursday March 20th, 1pm
CDB PhD Students Wins First Prize in Biosciences Research Poster Competition
17 April 2013
CDB PhD student Ricardo Laranjeiro has won first prize (£250) in the Division's Research Poster Competition.
On 26 February the Division of Biosciences ran the competition, which offered graduate students an opportunity to meet,
advertise and discuss the innovative research they are undertaking, thereby
providing them with an opportunity to raise the profile of their
The exhibition attracted interest among academics and other
graduate students. Entries were displayed in the North Cloisters.
Overall 49 students registered for the Competition, presenting their posters
and giving a three minute talk about them to the judges.
Our congratulations to Ricardo.
L to R: Faculty Graduate Tutor Professor Kaila Srai presents winner Ricardo Laranjeiro with his cheque, CDB PhD Graduate Administrator Debbie Bartram.
Page last modified on 17 apr 13 15:02 by Edward D Whitfield