All Seminars are held in the Gavin De Beer Lecture Theatre, Anatomy Building, Thursday 1-2pm
Tom Wyatt (Charras lab) "Oriented division in stretched epithelial monolayers"
Ravi Desai (Oates lab) “Micropatterning to interrogate cell biology”
23 Oct: Prof William Wisden, Imperial College
30 Oct: Harold
Burgess , NIH
31 Oct: SPECIAL SEMINAR - Sophie Jarriault (IGBMC) – Title TBC (Host: Dr Richard Poole)
6 Nov: Aude Marzo (Salinas lab)/ Maite Ogueta (Stanewsky lab)
13 Nov: (Paluch lab)/ Robert Bentham (Szabadkai lab)
27 Nov: Irene (Stern lab)/Cristina Benito(Jessen lab)
11 Dec: Marcus Ghosh (Rihel lab)/ (Chubbs lab)
This page contains information for CDB Academics pursuing grant funding. UCL has many resources to support grant applications and this page will continue to be updated in accordance with those available.
UCL pre-award administration
This portal contains:
• Information regarding pFACT costing tool
• Costing Research Projects - Basic Guide
• UCL Procedures for Research Grants and Contracts
• The contact details of your Departments Research Finance Officer and Contracts Manager
Research Professional uses a simple search engine to provide listings for agency applications, including deadlines.
Click on the links to jump to the relevant table for funding partner opportunities:
Maintaining a high success rate
The Faculty offers the following general tips on improving your success rate with applications:
- Mentoring/peer review as in advice/input from more experienced researchers
- Internal peer review (big grants, focusing on junior staff/fellowships)
- Practice interviews (especially fellowships)
- Encourage PIs to allow enough time for the process, really considered and engage with admin from the start
- Strategic fit / look at the research portfolio
- Check that research benefits the PI, Division, SLMS
- Raising awareness of calls for proposals, help on offer
- Comms – about deadlines, information to make process effective and PI fully informed 1-2-1 with PI – during induction, at the beginning of the process
- Regular workshops for all applicants
How can we improve this page? E-mail: Ed Whitfield with your comments and suggestions.
Page last modified on 13 aug 14 15:17 by Edward D Whitfield