Focus on Management Course
Monday 3rd and Tuesday 4th June 2013
Focus on Management is UCL Careers Service’s most popular course giving you a unique opportunity to develop your employability skills by tackling case studies alongside graduate employees (“Team Managers”) from a range of industry sectors.
It is a two day non-residential course which is demanding but rewarding and will enhance your CV, help develop your commercial awareness and give you plenty to talk about in interviews.
Your team manager
will trial different leadership and management styles over the two days and you
will have the chance to observe which prove most effective, and which might
work for you.
Be prepared for early starts and late finishes and an experience which will offer you a fantastic learning and networking opportunity with a number of different companies.
“Great to meet real world professionals, experienced and willing to talk” (Course Participant)
This is a unique opportunity to spend two-full days working closely with people who are currently employed by a variety of top blue chip companies. You’ll be able to attend a networking evening to find out more about various recruitment schemes and also opportunities open to graduates.
Develop your skills:
“Exceeded my expectations. I felt I have gained skills and knowledge which will be very valuable when seeking employment” (Course Participant)
You will develop your commercial awareness, negotiation, communication and team working skills and will have some great examples to use when completing application forms or when attending interviews.
“Great course, learned loads and helped me to decide my future career” (Course Participant)
You will gain a better understanding of different management
roles in a variety of industries.
Boost your CV:
The experience you gain from working on real business case studies throughout the course is highly valued by employers as evidence that you are serious about preparing for a graduate job.
The course is hosted by Barclays for 2013, and will be held in London. Exact location and details of who to ask for on arrival will be emailed to successful applicants nearer the time of the course.
The cost of this course which covers all course materials, lunch, refreshments, and administration costs is subsidised by UCL and the employers who take part to help minimise the cost to students.
The cost of the course for students in 2013 is £25.
- Before applying, you must ensure that you are available to attend both full days of the course. The timings are: Day 1: Monday 3rd June: 9am-7pm and Day 2: Tuesday 4th June: 9.30am-5pm.
- The closing date for applications is Midnight on Friday 22nd March.
- If you submit an application form and realise that you are no longer able to attend, you must cancel your application before the closing date using your My Careers Service account.
- To make the application process as fair as possible, we will not assess any applications until after the closing date has passed. However, we strongly recommend that interested applicants do not leave submitting the form until the last minute.
- You will find out by email if your application has been successful by 6pm on Monday 22nd April. We will not be able to give you any news on the progress of your application until all forms have been reviewed so please do not contact us unless you think there may be a problem with your form.
- Successful applicants will be given information on how / when to make the £25 payment. Your place on the course is conditional on receiving this payment.
- Once payment has been made, all students will have until 5pm on Wednesday 15th May to change their mind about attending the course and get their money back. After this date, we regret that the payment is not refundable.
- As with all UCL Careers Service Events, this course is only open to current UCL students and GradClub members. Valid UCL I.D. will be required when making your payment.
Due to the popularity of this course, we receive many more applications than there are places available, so we strongly advise you to take some time to think about your answers before completing the questions on the Application Form.
Completed applications must be uploaded to your My Careers Service account* using the instructions below - please do not submit it by email or in person.
- Log in to your My Careers Service Account*
- Upload the saved Application Form using the My Account/My Documents link in the main toolbar. Upload the file to the CV Category and call it "Focus Application". (IMPORTANT: We DO NOT need you to upload a CV - just the application form).
- Once uploaded, use the "Calendar" link to find this event, click on the "Register for Event" button and you will be able to add the "Focus Application" document with the booking.
- Once registered, you can review or amend your application form in "My Documents" as often as you like as long as the final version is saved by the application deadline. You will not be able to amend your application after this time and we will not accept late applications.
- Lastly, please ensure that your contact details are up to date in "My Account/My Profile" on My Careers Service so that we can let you know the outcome of your application or contact you at short notice should we need to before the course.
NOTE: By applying for the course, you are confirming that you have
read and accepted the Terms and Conditions above.
Closing date for applications:
Midnight on Friday 22nd March 2013
Can I attend if I haven't applied / paid?
NO! Only applicants who have been offered a place and have paid the course fee as detailed above are eligible to attend.
*If you're using it for the first time, please read the My Careers Service Instructions carefully before trying to log in.
If you have any particular requirements or difficulties in relation to using your online account, attending the event, or making the payment, please let us know immediately so we can discuss any equipment or facilities you may need or alternative methods of booking. You can contact us in person, by email or by phone - contact details below.
Kindly sponsored by:
Page last modified on 25 feb 13 17:52 by Rochelle S Symons