Online Job Boards
Whether you're looking for full time or part time work, a fixed term, temporary or permanent job or perhaps work experience or volunteering opportunities, their are a wide range of potential vacancy sources to choose from...
Suggested starting points:
This online job site provides listings of recruiters who have current vacancies available for:
- voluntary work
- part-time / vacation work or other work experience opportunities
- internship / placement programmes
- PhD studentships
- full time graduate level jobs
across a wide range of sectors. The site is updated daily and is hosted by our parent body, The Careers Group, University of London, so the recruiters who are advertising are specifically targeting UCL students / recent graduates.
Apply directly to the recruiter for any vacancies you're interested in.
An online job site provided specifically for current UCL students who are looking for part-time, temporary and/or vacation work to fit around their studies at UCL.
Vacancies are available in a wide range of job roles with recruiters who are local to UCL or who are based on campus. Apply directly to the recruiter for any vacancies you're interested in.
The VSU is UCLU’s dedicated facility for students who want to get involved
with volunteering projects in the local community. You can give as much
or as little time as you can spare while learning new skills, making friends,
and contributing to other peoples’ lives.
You can get involved with one or more of the wide range of ongoing projects or get help with developing your own ideas for a project.
The Temp Agency is a professional recruitment agency run by our parent body, The Careers Group, University of London. It offers a specialised and tailored service to both students and graduates by placing candidates in both temporary and permanent positions working within The University of London, its associated Colleges and institutes as well as with external local businesses.
For those who want to work for UCL, all full and part time vacancies are advertised via the UCL Human Resources Department.
To view current vacancies or to sign up for their email alert service, please visit their Jobs at UCL page.
Our online Careers Resource Library, (hosted by The Careers Group, University of London), provides links to a huge range of external online job sites, employer directories, professional associations and recruitment agencies which can be used to find work.
Use search tags such as "Job Site", "Employer Directory", "Professional Association" or "Recruitment Agency" to find listings of the vacancy source type you're interested in.
Alternatively, you can use a search tag for a particular sector or type of job e.g. "engineering", "law", "accountancy", "media", "journalism", "teaching" etc. and then combine this with the vacancy source type for more specific job sites or company listings.
By subscribing to UCLAlert!, you can receive information by email about job vacancies, campus-based recruitment events, employer information days and other jobs related news based on your preferences.
In addition to the resources above, UCL Careers Service also provides a range of free takeaway Employer Directories and Sector Guides, (which include internship and graduate scheme vacancy listings), 1-1 advice appointments where you can discuss your job hunting techniques with a Careers Consultant plus a range of on-campus recruitment events where you can meet employers to find out more about current opportunities.
Please visit our Finding a Job page for more information on these.
We also provide information and links to job sites for those looking for work outside the UK. Please visit out Work or Study Overseas page for more information.
- UCL Careers Service and our parent body, The Careers Group, University of London, make every effort to ensure organisations listed in our information websites, emails, job noticeboards and other publications are bonafide.
- However, we are unable to verify details in their entries and cannot guarantee their accuracy. We strongly recommend you check fully before applying in all cases.
- We are unable to individually verify the details of vacancies posted to JobOnline, International JobOnline and UCLAlert. However, we will remove any vacancies where it can be demonstrated that the organisation involved is in contravention of UK law. People applying to vacancies posted do so at their own risk and UCL Careers Service / The Careers Group, University of London will not be held liable for any costs or damages incurred by applicants for vacancies posted on our site.
For more details including a Code of Practice for Job Seekers and information on work experience and opportunities requiring student payment in relation to National Minimum Wage legislation, please see The Careers Group website.
Page last modified on 20 jun 13 10:05 by Martin Brown