What do UK PhDs do?
Below are links to information about UK-wide PhD graduate destinations and careers histories.
- What do Researchers Do? Career Stories from Vitae, The national website for researcher development. A collection of 40 career profiles.
- What do Researchers Do? Career Paths of Doctoral Graduates This report explores the career pathways of doctoral graduates three to four years following graduation, their typical occupations and variations by broad discipline groupings.
- What do Researchers Do? Career Profiles of Doctoral Entrepreneurs (2010) A collection of 30 career stories from doctoral researchers who have gone on to become entrepreneurs
- What do researchers do? Analysis of first employment destinations of doctoral graduates 2003-2007 from UK universities by discipline and subject. From Vitae
- HESDA (Higher Education Skills Development Agency) survey of researcher destinations (2000). Case studies of the career paths of former academic researchers, compiled by careers advisers in the Universities of Leeds, London, Newcastle and Swansea.
- Beyond the PhD Experiences of those who have been through the PhD in an arts and humanities discipline and made the transition into a variety of work beyond it.
Page last modified on 06 feb 12 15:09 by Rochelle S Symons