This year we will be delivering employer forums and fairs for research students and research staff which focus on different key employment sectors. These events showcase different employer perspectives and career paths for research students and research staff outside academia and provide you with the opportunity to network with the invited speakers. The employer event programme is as follows:
- Careers in Technology: Employer Forum for PhDs and Researchers - 26th November 2013 from 5:30pm to 7:30pm
- A Future in Government and Policy: Employer Forum for PhDs and Researchers - 28th January 2014 from 5:30pm to 7:30pm
- Entering the Environment Sector Listen to the Experts: Employer Forum for PhDs and Researchers - Monday 10th February from 5:30pm to 7:30pm
- Banking, Finance & Economics Sector: Employer Fair and one-to-one sessions for PhDs and Researchers - Tuesday 25th March from 11:00am to 1:00pm for fair and 2:00pm to 5:00pm for one-to-one sessions
- The Education Sector’s Many Possibilities: Employer Forum for PhDs and Researchers - Thursday 29th May from 5:30pm to 7:30pm
- Life Science and Health Sector: Employer Fair and one-to-one sessions for PhDs and Researchers - Monday 9th June from 11:00am to 1:00pm for fair and 2:00pm to 5:00pm for one-to-one sessions
The Employer Forums will involve a panel discussion showcasing various employer perspectives and career paths for candidates. You will have the opportunity to pose questions to the panel during sessions or to individual employers at the end of a session.
The Table Top Fair and Recruiter in Residence events will involve an intimate fair with a few select employers followed by a recruiter in residence session where you can book to have a one on one appointment with the employers at the fair to discuss any questions you might have in further detail.
Research Students: to book a place visit UCL's Graduate School website (professional and career development section). Information about each Forum will be available approximately one month before the event.
Research Staff: To reserve a place email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Careers Events
Research students have the automatic right to attend any of the careers events and activities for all students run by both the UCL careers Service and our parent body, The Careers Group, University of London. To see what is coming up, click on the links below.
- UCL Careers Service Skills Development
- UCL Careers Service Talk To Employers
- The Careers Group, University of London Events
Page last modified on 21 nov 13 16:30 by Phil Howe