UCL Careers News
There are plenty of ways to keep up-to-date with what's happening at UCL Careers including forthcoming events, current job opportunities and other careers news or important updates.
UCL Careers is closed on all UK Bank Holidays and UCL-wide Closure Days so we'll be unable to deal with calls / emails on these days.
Friday 27th January:
Due to staff training, UCL Careers will close for the whole day and will re-open as normal at 9.30am on Monday 30th.
During this closure period, you will still have access to:
- myUCL CAREERS (booking system for appointments and events)
- A variety of online Job Sites aimed at current students and recent graduates
- A wide range of resources related to key topics that we can help with
Any emails sent to email@example.com or messages left on our main 020 3549 5900 number during these closure periods will be dealt with as soon as we re-open.
We currently have no other planned closures.
Be the first to know about what’s new by signing up to personalised email alerts through your My UCL Careers account.
You’ll find out about current jobs, events happening at UCL Careers and The Careers Group including when they are open for booking as well as all the latest news.
LOG IN to your My UCL Careers account then select ‘My Account’ followed by ‘My Profile’:
- In the ‘Personal Information’ section select "Yes" to receiving "JobAlerts"
- Update the "Email for correspondence" if you have a different preferred email address but DO NOT amend the address that's set as your username
- Ensure your "Graduation Year" is set as the year that you complete(d) your course at UCL even if the Graduation ceremony will take place at a later date
- Add your Job Industry Preferences from the list in "Additional Information"
- Add any language skills you have
and we'll do the rest...
We're always posting new and exciting things on...
- @uclcareers - Our main Twitter, it's updated regularly with new jobs, event details and interesting articles.
- @uclgraduates - If you've signed up to UCL Graduates, you'll get useful updates from the team here.
- @uclresearchers - If you're a Research Student or Staff member, follow our dedicated twitter feed which is updated with useful information.
- @uclcareerslaw - For the students of the Faculty of Laws.
- @uclcareersee - Updated by the Employer Engagement Team: keep up-to-date on what is happening & how we can help.
- @uclSkills4Work - Our Skills4Work programme twitter will update you on the opportunities we run with UCL Union to meet employers and develop skills.
- UCL Careers - like us to find out our latest news, event details and articles we've shared!
- Skills4Work UCL - for information on our Skills4Work programme, like us and get all the latest details here.
Flickr - take a look at our photos from many of our successful past events.
YouTube - videos from our past events and workshops are posted here as well as a look at some of the services we offer.
Hear more about events, experiences and UCL Careers news with our regularly updated blog which features personal experiences and profiles. It's a great way to find out about an event you may be thinking of attending or learn more about who we are and more about employers who come along to our events.
If you fancy writing us a guest post, get in touch!
UCL has developed a new weekly all-student e-newsletter
to help improve the way UCL communicates with all undergraduates and
Featuring UCL-wide announcements, news, events, opportunities and need-to-know information, myUCL will highlight what is happening across and around campus. myUCL is distributed every Friday.
We do the hard work for you! Every Monday you'll receive the latest jobs and placements directly to your inbox and be the first to know about new events and workshops plus details of how to register for them.
Keep up to date with all things careers by signing up today.
The Doctoral Skills Development Weekly Bulletin is sent to research students weekly during term time to keep them up to date with the available research training events offered through the Doctoral Skills Development Programme, within UCL and any other relevant organisations. The bulletin highlights all upcoming events and also has a “In the spotlight” section where we highlight some of our researchers’ successes (e.g. publications, awards). The bulletin is also sent to Departmental Graduate Tutors.