UCL Careers News
There are plenty of ways to keep up-to-date with what's happening at UCL Careers including forthcoming events, current job opportunities and other careers news or important updates.
Tuesday 28th June to late August 2016
Over the Summer, the UCL Careers office on the 4th Floor of Student Central will be closed so that the student information library and one-to-one interview space can be remodelled and refurbished. Please do not visit us in person there during this period.
However, we do plan to stay operational while the building work takes place as detailed below...
One-to-One Advice Appointments
These will continue to run over the Summer as normal but will either be conducted in interview rooms elsewhere on campus or via Skype. Simply follow the "How to Book..." instructions for the relevant appointment type as detailed on our Advice pages and you will be given more information on where to go or how to Skype us as appropriate when booking.
Jobs and Information Resources
Although there will be no access to our physical Information Library, electronic copies of most resources can be found through our online library, Careers Tagged and details of current vacancies can be found via our online job sites as detailed in the relevant Help With... page.
During the closure period, organisations looking to advertise vacancies to UCL students / graduates can still do so online via our Recruiters' page. This section of our site also gives more information and contact details for other recruitment services and activities such as events, our skill development programme, Talent Bank etc.
News and Updates
Further information on the progress of our building work and the date of our re-opening will appear here when we know more. Alternatively, you can register with our UCLAlert! email service or follow us on Twitter as detailed below to be notified of any updates immediately.
Contacting us during the refurbishment period
Our main email accounts will be checked regularly:
- General enquiries from students / recent graduates: email@example.com
- General enquiries from recruiters or other organisations targeting UCL students / graduates: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our main phonelines:
- Students / graduates: 020 3549 5900
- Recruiters: 020 3549 5926
will also be monitored for voicemail messages but you may find it easier to email us.
UCL Careers is also closed on Bank Holidays and UCL-wide Closure Days so won't be dealing with calls / emails on these days.
Be the first to know about what’s new by signing up to personalised email alerts through your My UCL Careers account.
You’ll find out about current jobs, events happening at UCL Careers and The Careers Group including when they are open for booking as well as all the latest news.
LOG IN to your My UCL Careers account then select ‘My Account’ followed by ‘My Profile’:
- In the ‘Personal Information’ section select "Yes" to receiving "JobAlerts"
- Update the "Email for correspondence" if you have a different preferred email address but DO NOT amend the address that's set as your username
- Ensure your "Graduation Year" is set as the year that you complete(d) your course at UCL even if the Graduation ceremony will take place at a later date
- Add your Job Industry Preferences from the list in "Additional Information"
- Add any language skills you have
and we'll do the rest...
We're always posting new and exciting things on...
- @uclcareers - Our main Twitter, it's updated regularly with new jobs, event details and interesting articles.
- @uclgraduates - If you've signed up to UCL Graduates, you'll get useful updates from the team here.
- @uclresearchers - If you're a Research Student or Staff member, follow our dedicated twitter feed which is updated with useful information.
- @uclcareerslaw - For the students of the Faculty of Laws.
- @uclcareersee - Updated by the Employer Engagement Team: keep up-to-date on what is happening & how we can help.
- @uclSkills4Work - Our Skills4Work programme twitter will update you on the opportunities we run with UCL Union to meet employers and develop skills.
- UCL Careers - like us to find out our latest news, event details and articles we've shared!
- Skills4Work UCL - for information on our Skills4Work programme, like us and get all the latest details here.
Flickr - take a look at our photos from many of our successful past events.
YouTube - videos from our past events and workshops are posted here as well as a look at some of the services we offer.
Hear more about events, experiences and UCL Careers news with our regularly updated blog which features personal experiences and profiles. It's a great way to find out about an event you may be thinking of attending or learn more about who we are and more about employers who come along to our events.
If you fancy writing us a guest post, get in touch!
UCL has developed a new weekly all-student e-newsletter
to help improve the way UCL communicates with all undergraduates and
Featuring UCL-wide announcements, news, events, opportunities and need-to-know information, myUCL will highlight what is happening across and around campus. myUCL is distributed every Friday.
We do the hard work for you! Every Monday you'll receive the latest jobs and placements directly to your inbox and be the first to know about new events and workshops plus details of how to register for them.
Keep up to date with all things careers by signing up today.
The Doctoral Skills Development Weekly Bulletin is sent to research students weekly during term time to keep them up to date with the available research training events offered through the Doctoral Skills Development Programme, within UCL and any other relevant organisations. The bulletin highlights all upcoming events and also has a “In the spotlight” section where we highlight some of our researchers’ successes (e.g. publications, awards). The bulletin is also sent to Departmental Graduate Tutors.