There are 4 easy-to-complete steps to register as a UCL GradClub member.
These steps provide us with your current contact details so we can keep you informed of all the events, services and resources we provide. In addition, you'll register for UCL JobOnline, our own UCL in-house Jobs Board and UCL TalentBank, our in-house vacancies placement agency and be kept informed of opportunities of interest to you.
Step 1 - Update your Personal details
Log in to your My Careers Service account. In the "My Account / My Profile" section, update the following:
In the 'Personal information' tab:
- "Permanent phone" field: Add a current mobile number to enable us to contact you at short notice about events or 1-1 appointments you've booked.
- "Email for correspondence" field: Change to a personal email address (if you don't plan to use your UCL email account regularly. (Note: Your username will still be your old college email address so please DO NOT change this)
- "I would like to receive JobAlerts" field: Select "Yes"
In the 'Demographic information' tab:
- "Year of course" field: Change to 'Graduate' in the drop-down box
- "Graduation Year" field: this should be the year that you completed your course even if the graduation ceremony itself takes place the following year
In the 'Additional Information' tab
- "Job Industry Preference" field: You can also tell us what job areas you're interested in. This will then keep you informed by email of all UCL Careers GradClub and student events and notify you of job opportunities of interest from UCL JobOnline.
Step 2 - Register for UCL TalentBank
UCL TalentBank is our own in-house vacancy placement service. Talent Bank will shortlist and recommend relevant UCL students and graduates to employers who fit the bill and will proactively contact relevant candidates.
Note that GradClub careers consultants will be pleased to help you tailor your CV before you apply for any positions and if you secure an interview, they would be happy to help you prepare for it by arranging a practice interview.
Step 3 - Follow us on Twitter
One of the best ways to keep informed about UCL gradClub is on Twitter. We regularly tweets about careers, jobs and forthcoming events. Follow us at #UCLGradClub
Step 4 - Your GradClub ID card
If you are visiting UCL Careers for 1to1 coaching or workshops/ events, your old UCL student ID card won't be valid for accessing our services after the dates highlighted below.
To print out your new membership card, log into your My Careers Service account*, and click on the "My Account / Print Forms" link as shown below. This will open as a Word document for ease of attaching a digital photo. If you're experiencing difficulties with the document format, there is also a pdf version of the document available.
Before using your GradClub ID card to access our services, you'll need to bring the new card to the Careers Service with proof of your student status, (old UCL ID card, PORTICO transcript or letter from your department). We'll then confirm the membership expiry date is correct and validate your new GradClub ID card.
*If you've never used your My Careers Service account as a student, please read our instructions page first for details of how to log in.
Page last modified on 14 may 14 22:37 by David Carter