Who can join GradClub?
While you're still enrolled as a current student, (see note below on student status), you should continue accessing services as detailed in the Students' Pages on our website.
Any UCL graduate who has completed a course at UCL within two years of the dates below is eligible to use our services as a GradClub member and your membership will expire two
years after your student access ends regardless
of the date that you start using the GradClub services.
Those no longer eligible to use our services as a GradClub member can still access a range of Alternative Services provided by our parent body, The Careers Group, University of London.
What does my GradClub membership cover?
GradClub membership is FREE for those eligible to join* and gives you access to:
- a dedicated 1-1 advice and coaching service designed specifically for the needs of those who've recently finished their course.
- access to a range of events and workshops led by employers or Careers Service Staff
- access to information resources / vacancy listings - see the "Help With..." links in the left menu for more information on what's available.
- free or discounted access to events and courses run by our parent body, The Careers Group, University of London.
- access to all services that were available to you as a UCL Student
Additional Costs: As with student access, most services/events available to GradClub Members through UCL Careers Service or The Careers Group are completely free. However, attendance at some workshops or courses will require a fee to cover materials or administration costs but these will be clearly advertised with the registration information.
*Please note however that GradClub membership is available
to any University of London Graduate to give continued access to their
respective College-based Careers Service and most colleges charge for
membership. You may therefore find information advertised elsewhere
about membership fees for GradClub but this isn't relevant to UCL
Membership is automatic. You simply need to print out your new membership card to replace your
old UCL student ID card as this won't be valid for accessing any of our services after the dates highlighted below.
To print your ID card, log into your My Careers Service account*, and click on the "My Account / Print Forms" link as shown below. This will open as a Word document for ease of attaching a digital photo. If you're experiencing difficulties with the document format, there is also a pdf version of the document available.
Before using your GradClub ID card to access our services, you'll need to bring the new card to the Careers Service with proof of your student status, (old UCL ID card, PORTICO transcript or letter from your department). We'll then confirm the membership expiry date is correct and validate your new GradClub ID card.
*If you've never used your My Careers Service account as a student, please read our instructions page first for details of how to log in.
Given the wide range of events, services and resources we provide for UCL GradClub members, we know there's a lot for you to try and keep track of.
Through our targeted UCLAlert! email service, we can ensure you're kept up to date with what's going on throughout the year so you don't miss out on anything that you might be interested in. Follow these steps to ensure your membership details are up to date and we'll do the rest...
- Log in to your My Careers Service account
- In the "My Account / My Profile" section, update the "Email for correspondence" field if you don't plan to use your UCL email account regularly. (Note: Your username will still be your old college email address so please DO NOT change this)
- Under the "I would like to receive JobAlerts" heading, select "Yes".
- In "Additional Information", you can also tell us what job areas you're interested in.
- Please also check that your "Graduation Year" is correct - this should be the year that you completed your course even if the graduation ceremony itself takes place the following year.
- Lastly, you can also add a current mobile number to enable us to contact you at short notice about events or 1-1 appointments you've booked.
If you don't want to join GradClub to use UCL Careers Service, our parent body, The Careers Group, University of London offers a commercial service specifically aimed at graduate level job seekers / career changers but you will have to pay graduate rates for these services.
Alternatively, there are a range of Government Services available to job-seekers but these are open to the general public and so are less focused on graduate level job seekers.
More details on these services can be found in our information on Alternative Services.
*Student Status Information for using UCL Careers Service
When you finish your course at UCL, continued access to different student services will vary but won't be guaranteed by the exact expiry date of your student ID card.
For use of the Careers Service, in the year that you complete your course, (e.g. the year that your Student ID Card expires), you will have access to our services as a student until:
- July 31st if you are an Undergraduate (which includes MEng and MSci students completing 4 year courses) or
- September 30th if you are a Postgraduate (including those taking additional time for writing up).
If you choose to join, your GradClub membership will be valid for two years from this date and your GradClub ID card will be required to access our services instead of your old student one.
If you're unsure about your official course completion year or your Student ID card is out of date, you can print off your enrollment status using the UCL Portico System and we will use the course completion date on this to determine eligibility to use our services based on the dates above. If you're still unsure, please contact the Careers Service.
Page last modified on 12 mar 13 17:27 by Martin Brown