- GradClub: Getting Started
- 1-1 Coaching
- Workshops / Events
- Graduate Jobs and Internships
- Help with..Career Planning
- Help with..Job Hunting
- Recruitment agencies
- Speculative Approaches
- Using a network
- Online Job boards
- Small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs)
- Job Hunting Case Studies
- Other creative job hunting strategies
- Surviving the job hunt
- Employer recruitment fairs and events
- Getting experience as a stepping stone to work
- Help with..Applications and Interviews
- Alumni Mentoring
- Case Studies and Feedback
- About Us
Employer recruitment fairs and events
Careers fairs and employer presentations are some of the best ways to learn more about opportunities that might interest you.
These events are an excellent opportunity to meet potential employers face to face and market yourself to your chosen industry.
As a UCL GradClub member you have access to the entire UCL employer fairs, presentations and events programme that primarily runs in the Autumn and Spring. The best way to be kept informed of these events is to sign-up to UCL alert where you will receive first notification of relevant events run by the UCL Careers Service plus information on job vacancies and other careers events straight from employers or The Careers Group.
- The UCL Careers Service fair programme encompasses 7 sector specific fairs.
- The Careers Group fair programme holds a number of annual fairs with a focus on both job and postgraduate study.
- In addition, many other graduate job fairs are held around the country either by universities or other event management companies. Some of these are limited to students or graduates of a specific institution but many are open to all. The Prospects website has a diary of fair activity across the UK and details of whether these might be avialable for you to attend.
- Our employer presentation programme give you an opportunity to engage with both recruiters at a far more in-depth level and are a great way of showing your motivation for working in a particular company that you can refer to on any subsequent application.
- In addition, we run a number of 'themed weeks' which are generally employer-led giving you information and networking opportunities to engage with staff in industries such as the media and the NGO/ charity sector.
- Many recruiters also hold 'in-house' presentations in their offices with the opportunity to engage with a greater number of employer staff and get a real feel for the environment you might be working in. Check the the UCL presentation programme for the ones we know about but keep an eye on websites of recruiters you are interested in for relevant dates.
Page last modified on 04 jul 12 13:27 by David Carter