- Help With...
- Advice and Guidance
- Events and Workshops
- Job Sites
- About Us
- Information for Employers
- Information for Staff
Events and Workshops
We offer a wide range of events which can help improve your knowledge of a particular industry sector or about specific employers as well as talks and workshops to help you develop key skills such as: effective job hunting; networking; writing applications; interview techniques and many others.
The two tabs below or the Events and Workshops sub-menu on the left give an overview of the different types of events we organise plus links to the different programmes for this academis year...
- Careers Fairs: With many employers from a specific industry in one place, our fairs are a great way to find out more from managers and graduate employers about relevant jobs, selection processes and current opportunities.
- Employer Presentations: To find out more about what it’s like working for a top organisation, attend an event and hear from your chosen employer as well as newly hired graduates, to get insider information on the selection process and get a chance to network afterwards.
- Sector Themed Weeks: Throughout the year we hold a weeks worth of events dedicated to a specific sector, such as Arts & Cultural Heritage, Law, Media, Life Sciences and many more.
- Global Citizenship Employability Programme: A little more intensive, our Employability Programme, which is run as part of UCL Global Citizenship, is designed to give you a thorough grounding in a range of employability skills so you can get ahead of the competition and provides the opportunity to meet with a wide range of graduate recruiters.
- Focus on Management: Our flagship three-day course which challenges you in an authentic business environment with real case studies and chance to network with the wide range of employers involved.
- Careers Group Events: Our parent body, The Careers Group, University of London host a range of networking or recruitment events throughout the year which are open to all UoL students.
- External Events: UCLU societies and UCL academic departments run career related events where you can meet potential future employers and many recruiters will also organise their own events which may be open to UCL students.
- Skills4Work Workshops: Run in partnership with UCLU, this series of Employer-led workshops and panel sessions will help you understand what employers are looking for and how to develop/promote your skills more effectively.
- Skills4Work Application Coaching: A wide range of graduate recruiters run one-to-one CV and application checking sessions to give you an insight into what they are looking for when they shortlist applications.
- Skills4Work Interview Coaching: A wide range of graduate recruiters run one-to-one practice interview sessions to give you experience of typical graduate level interview and give you an insight into what they are looking for during the recruitment process.
- Skills4Work Practice Assessment Centres: A wide range of graduate recruiters get involved with this series of half day workshops to give you an insight into how a typical graduate level assessment centre works and to give you practical experience with typical selection exercises.
- Personality Profiling: Interactive group workshops to help you learn more about personality types and how you work with others.
- Global Citizenship Employability Programme: A little more intensive, our Employability Programme, which is run as part of UCL Global Citizenship, is designed to give you a thorough grounding in a range of employability skills so you can get ahead of the competition.
- Focus on Management: Find out more about our flagship three-day course which challenges you in an authentic business environment with real case studies and employers.
- Careers Essentials Programme: A series of Careers Consultant led talks covering topics such as career planning, job hunting, networking, writing applications and preparing for interviews and assessment centres.
- Researchers Programme: For Research Students and Staff, we run a range of events to help you with next steps whether you're planning to stay in academia or moving to the workplace.
- Business Competitions & Challenges: feeling competitive? Challenge yourself and students across the country and get a chance to win top prizes and even paid experience with top employers!