- GradClub: Getting Started
- 1-1 Coaching
- Workshops / Events
- Graduate Jobs and Internships
- Help with..Career Planning
- Help with..Job Hunting
- Help with..Applications and Interviews
- Alumni Mentoring
- Case Studies and Feedback
- About Us
Long Guidance Sessions are 1-1 confidential and impartial discussions of up to an hour with a Careers Adviser. They are only available by referral from the Careers Adviser after an initial 30 minute Short Guidance session for those who will benefit from a more in-depth discussion than is possible in 30 minutes..
As in Short Guidance sessions, Careers Advisers wont make decisions for you or tell you what to do.
During the 30 minute Short Guidance session the Careers Adviser will identify areas that require more in-depth discussion. They may highlight areas for further research using the Help With... pages of our site or other resources as a start point before you book the hour long appointment.
You'll be emailed a booking form with a range of questions to complete which serves two purposes:
- To encourage self-analysis and ensure you're very clear about what areas you want to discuss in more detail and what you want to get out of the hour long session.
- To give the Careers Adviser you'll meet enough information in advance so that they can be fully prepared for the types of questions that are likely to come up during the session.
You should therefore think carefully about the questions asked and include any information on the form that you think might be relevant to the discussion.
If you submit an incomplete form with too little content for an hour long discussion, it will either be returned or you may be referred back to Short Guidance to deal with less in-depth queries.
Once we receive the completed booking form as above, we will contact you to find a suitable appointment time for you and a relevant Careers Adviser.
Appointments are available Monday to Thursday between 10am and 12pm or 2pm to 5pm (all year round excluding UCL
PLEASE NOTE: 1-1 advice sessions are NOT available on Fridays.
If you arrive more than 5 minutes late and the Careers Adviser doesn't feel your queries can be dealt with effectively in whatever time is left of your appointment, you will be asked to re-book for a later date.
Page last modified on 28 sep 11 16:05 by Martin Brown