- Help With...
- Advice and Guidance
- Events and Workshops
- Job Sites
- About Us
- Case Studies and Feedback
- How GradClub helped me...
Appointment / Events Booking:
Keep up to date:
Tell us what you think:
The SPRINT development programme for female students sponsored by RBS and Microsoft is back
Thu, 21 May 2015 10:51:20 +0000
SPRINT is a bespoke programme designed to support the professional development of women at the early stages of their career. Across 4 action packed days, you will learn how to: • Use your personal power • Use assertiveness positively • Build your image, networking skills & confidence • Enage with inspiring role models & industry […]Read more...
Shopper Marketing Executive : Inspire Me
Wed, 20 May 2015 15:19:17 +0000
As part of our #UCLInspireMe series, Kirsty MacDonald, Shopper Marketing Executive for Personal Care at Unilever talks to us about how she got this role and shares some tips for UCL students who want to get into the Marketing sector. How did you get into your role? I’m Kirsty and I am on the Unilever […]Read more...
Calling all gamers & designers: Webinar with Ash Denton, Explosive Alan Productions
Mon, 18 May 2015 15:18:25 +0000
Careers in the Creative Industries Webinar: Wednesday 03rd June, 1-2pm Ever considered working in film, gaming, editing, motion graphics, design, scriptwriting or presenting? Or setting up your own company? When? Wednesday, 03rd June, 1-2pm How? Register using this link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3860209767852398594 Join our webinar to listen and contribute to a Q&A session with Ash Denton, Creative Director of […]Read more...
One-to-One Advice and Guidance
Whatever stage you're at in your career planning process, our team of Careers Consultants and Applications Advisers can help with a wide range of queries through the confidential and impartial one-to-one appointments we offer as detailed below.
If you are new to GradClub we encourage you to use to book a 30 minute GradClub Short guidance appointment with one of our consultants as a general starting point.
Our enhanced one-to-one coaching service has an emphasis on accessibility. Longer appointments of up to 30 minutes are available during lunchtimes and evenings and, if you’re not based in London anymore, our Careers Consultants can provide coaching by phone and Skype so you can get the support you need wherever you are and whenever you’re free.
During your appointment, you can discuss a range of issues such as:
- making decisions about life after UCL, e.g. choosing between work, further study or taking time out
- exploring options related to your degree
- planning your next steps to get where you want to be
- how to gain skills or work experience linked to longer term career goals while at UCL
- changing or leaving your course
- how to market your degree, skills and/or experience to employers
- how to improve any CVs or applications you're working on*
- what to expect at interviews or assessment centres**
- feedback on aptitude test results and more...
Following an initial appointment, you can check the availability of a specific GradClub Careers Consultant Team below to book follow up 30 minute appointments with the same person whenever you want to or utilise the shorter CV/ application advice appointments which are available on a daily basis.
*If you've written a CV or application for something specific and we don't have availability of appointments before your deadline, you can also book an "Applications Advice" appointment which are open to all current students and GradClub members and may have earlier availability. See next tab...
**GradClub Appointments can be used to get an overview of typical interview procedures or to discuss any queries you might have about a forthcoming interview but, those wishing to practice their interview skills through a role play exercise should book a "Practice Interview". See third tab...
If you already know what you're applying for and why* and would just like advice on how to improve a specific application for something before sending it off, our Applications Advisers can help. These appointments can cover applications for:
- any type of job / internship
- a volunteering project
- a further / postgraduate study course
- a PhD position
- or anything else you might be applying for
Whether your application is in the form of a CV, covering letter, personal statement or answers to specific questions on an application form, simply bring in a draft copy plus details of what the recruiter is looking for* and the Adviser can go through these with you.
*Applications Advisers will not be able to give tips on how to improve a CV if you don't yet know what you're applying to and what the recruiter is looking for. A GradClub Appointment will be more useful at this stage to discuss your options
and to research areas of interest first. See first tab...
If you've been invited to any type of interview, you can see a Careers Consultant for up to an hour for a Practice Interview. The session would generally involve:
- a role play exercise based around typical interview questions for whatever it is you've applied for*
- feedback from the Consultant on all aspects of your performance in this exercise such as your general interview technique and the suitability / strength of your answers for the role in question
- advice and tips on further preparation and how improve any weak areas
- time for you to ask additional questions or address any other concerns you have about the real thing
*If you don't need to practice your interview technique in
this way, you can use a GradClub Appointment if you just have questions about what to expect and how best to prepare for the real
thing. See first tab...