A centre for groundbreaking research into cardiometabolic diseases was officially opened on 15th April at UCL by HRH The Princess Royal.
The royal visit marked the start of an exciting new opportunity to research conditions such as heart disease, vascular disease and metabolic disorders such as diabetes. The adult cardiovascular phenotyping unit was set up by ICS in collaboration with the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) University College London Hospitals Biomedical Research Centre.
- Drink less for a healthier heart
- Tests for cholesterol gene start
- 3D patient-specific models of congenital heart diseases
- ICS submits its silver Athena SWAN application
- PhD Student Marianna Fontana wins Early Career Award
- Professor Derek Yellon awarded an honorary DSc by the
University of Cape Town
- ICS PhD student wins Melvin
Judkins Young Investigator Award
- Dates for 2014 Hands-on cardiac morphology courses
- Can a genetic study anticipate the outcome of a randomized trial?
- New Open Heart journal
- Blood pressure at night is higher than previously thought
- Research grant success
- Blood screening that prevents heart attacks
- Seeing the heart in 4D
- National Early Warning Score to identify patients in need of urgent care