Institute of Cardiovascular Science
The UCL Institute of Cardiovascular Science was founded in 2011 and aims to be a world-class centre of excellence in pioneering novel, integrative strategies in preventative and therapeutic cardiovascular medicine.
Based in the UCL Faculty of Population Health Sciences, the UCL Institute of Cardiovascular Science brings together basic and clinical scientists from UCL and expert clinicians from UCL partner hospitals.
Work at the Institute is closely aligned with the UCL Hospitals NIHR Biomedical Research Centre Cardiovascular Theme and the UCL Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre Cardiovascular Programme.
We offer a range of courses; iBSc in Cardiovascular Science, MSc in Cardiovascular Science, Research Degrees and short courses.
We have four research departments, and a commitment to improving the care of cardiovascular diseases through all our research.
News & Events
- Congratulations to Nancy Campbell and Rachael Huntley
- Professor Marie Ann Scully - top ten most outstanding manuscripts in Blood 2017
- Cardiovascular Gene Annotation Newsletter February 2018
- Statins are safe for children with abnormal cholesterol levels
- Paper published on New England Journal of Medicine
- 3rd UCL Cardiovascular Network Meeting – 16th Oct 2017
- ICS Junior Faculty launches support initiative for Grant Review Process
- Professor Perry Elliott becomes Cardiomyopathy UK’s next President
The Institute of Cardiovascular Science has many established relationships with Industry to identify unmet clinical needs, create innovative solutions through collaboration, and to facilitate cost-effective R&D processes. We are happy to discuss potential academic-industry collaborations and strategic partnerships for the future.
groups may wish to either visit UCL Enterprise and their partners or contact us for further
We have about 160 members of staff and 40 research
students who are based in different research centres across the
Bloomsbury campus and in UCL partner hospitals.
Helpful information about the Institute and resources for staff.