UCL Gene Therapy Consortium
Director: Professor Michael Linden
The UCL Partners Gene Therapy Consortium based at the UCL Cancer Institute has a MHRA Authorised facility for manufacturing of GMP grade AAV vectors in the Wolfson Gene Therapy Unit (WGTU). The WGTU has Vector Production and Vector Purification clean rooms maintained and operated as per EU Guidance on Good Manufacturing Practice (MHRA Orange Guide, 2007). A designated QC laboratory for internal QC testing of GMP material is available at the UCL Cancer Institute. Quality Assurance and Qualified Person support is provided by Clinical Biotechnology Centre (CBC), Bristol & NHS-BT.
To comply with EU directive 2003/94/EC, the facility is accredited by the MHRA against the GMP requirements for the manufacture of viral vectors as investigational medicinal products for clinical trials. The facility is named as a separate site under the Manufacturer’s Authorisation - Investigational Medicinal Products, granted to the NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT) by the MHRA (Authorisation number MA(IMP) 25224).
- Professor Michael Linden - Director
- Dr Eugene Arulmuthu - Production Manager
- Dr Berend Tolner -
- Mr Martin Duballet - Production Supervisor
- Dr Crista Illingworth - Research Associate
- Dr Veronica Ferrer Prat - Research Associate
- Pirkko Salmiheimo - Research Technician
- Dr Sangamitra Villalan - Research Technician
- Mrs Teena Vincent - Document Controller