Open Biosystems pGIPZ shRNAmir library
Individual hairpin clones
These GIPZ hairpins and any derivatives (viruses, cell lines, portions of the GIPZ vector cloned into other vectors etc.) must not be shared or transferred to Institutes outside UCL. They must remain and be used solely within UCL laboratories
You should contact your safety officer prior to beginning work with GIPZ hairpins to ensure you have all the appropriate risk assessments and safety precautions in place. Please see the safety section for more information.
- Bacterial stab cultures: You will need to re-streak the bacteria from the surface of the culture onto an LB-Amp plate, pick a single colony, grow, prepare and purify your plasmid DNA using a kit and sequence the DNA to make sure the sequence is correct. The DNA is then ready for transfection.
- Lentiviral particles: Your hairpins will come as lentiviral particles in culture media, either concentrated or unconconcentrated depending on your requirements, that is ready for transduction of your cell type of interest. This will have been titered on 293T. You will also be provided with the remaining high quality DNA mini, a glycerol stock, sequence comparison and quality metrics of your DNA prep.
- Empty GIPZ vector
- Non-silencing (scrambled) (22mer: aTCTCGCTTGGGCGAGAGTAAG)
- GAPDH (22mer: cCCTCATTTCCTGGTATGACAA)
- EG5 (22mer: cGGCCATGCTAGAAGTACATAA) Targets Human but not Mouse
- Download the GIPZ Order Form
- Go to the GE website and follow these GIPZ Ordering Instructions to search for available hairpins. We have all of the Human and Mouse GIPZ hairpins within our collection starting with the codes V2LHS, V3LHS, V2LMM or V3LMM.
- Take note of the CloneID for the hairpins you would like
- If you are not from within the Cancer Institute, please arrange an eIDT assigned to Catherine King at the Cancer Institute to cover the cost of the order. Refer to the price list above or if you are unsure please contact us
- Complete the ordering form:
- Make sure you enter your project code (CI users) or eIDT number (all other users)
- Indicate whether you would like any controls and what format you would like
- List the the CloneID of the hairpins you are after. These codes will start with V2LHS, V3LHS, V2LMM or V3LMM.
- Email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will contact you to let you know your order has been received and to arrange collection. All clones are collected from the UCL Cancer Institute, Paul O'Gorman Building on Huntley St.
- GIPZ sequencing primer: 5' - GCATTAAAGCAGCGTATC - 3' Melting Temp: 52.7c The binding site for this primer is base 5820-5842 and runs in reverse complement direction.
Sequencing your hairpins
We highly recommend sequencing your hairpins before starting work with them.
Individual hairpins come as either bacterial agar stab cultures or lentiviral particles ready for transduction.
We have two negative controls and two positive controls for the GIPZ library. Please see the FAQs section for additional sequence details of these controls.
Controls are the same price as the shRNA hairpins and can be ordered using the order form below
UCL Consortium prices
This includes members of the UCL Cancer Institute, Institute of Child Health, Institute of Neurology and the Division of Infection and Immunity.
|Bacterial stab cultures||£15.00|
|Lentiviral particles||unconcentrated (15ml)||concentrated (1ml from 30ml)||concentrated (1ml from 60ml)|
*All viral particles are provided in DMEM (unconcentrated) or Optimem (concentrated) and are tittered on 293T cells. If you would like your virus produced in an alternative media or if you would like an alternative volume of virus produced, please get in contact.