The Cancer Institute awards four prizes in oncology to undergraduate students.
Evelyn Boesen Prize
A prize of £500 to be awarded for the best third year oncology project.
Maurice Elton Memorial Prize in Oncology
Phase 3 SSM Prize
For the best firm grade and a project submitted on completion of a Year 5 SSC. (£150 + Certificate)
Allen Goldsmith Prize in Cancer Medicine
Founded in memory of the late Sir Allen Goldsmith, K.C.V.O., M.B., B.S., F.R.C.S., Ophthalmologist to the Middlesex Hospital and Medical School.
- One prize may be awarded in each session.
- The Prize is awarded by the Council on the recommendation of UCL Medical School.
- The Prize is awarded on the basis of a case report or an audit in Cancer Medicine. The case report should consist of either an interesting oncology case which the student has met during their undergraduate career and must be separate from the Y3 "Oncology Project", followed by an appropriate discussion, or an oncology-related audit the student has carried out accompanied by a discussion. The report and discussion should not be longer than 2,000 words.
- The prize is open for competition among MBBS Year 3, 4 or 5 students.
- he value of the Prize is £150. The award will be accompanied by a certificate.
- Manuscripts must be submitted to the Medical Student Administration by the end of the second week in May.
- The examiners reserve the right to hold a clinical and/or oral examination.
- The award is subject to the provisions of the General Regulations.