Frequently Asked Questions
• I have just applied online as directed through UCL Admissions. When will I find out if I have been accepted on to the programme?
Your application has to be assessed by both UCL Admissions and the Graduate Tutor for the programme. This can take some time to complete. Please expect up to 7 weeks for a response.
• Can I visit the Cancer Institute before I apply to the programme?
Yes however, you will need to call/email to arrange an appointment as we need to book an appropriate time for your visit.
• Why do I need to provide evidence of English language proficiency?
All students whose first language is not English must be able to provide recent evidence that their spoken and written command of the English language is adequate for the programmes for which they have applied. This requirement is specified in order to ensure that the academic progress of students is not hindered by language difficulties and that students are able to integrate socially while studying at UCL and living in the UK. See the following link for further details: http:http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/graduate-study/application-admission/english-language
• I have received an offer –can I defer my place on the programme until next year?
This is at the discretion of the Graduate Tutor; please email the course administrator directly with details.
• Is there the opportunity to study on a part-time basis?
No, the programme is a one year full-time course of study only.
• Are there any scholarships available for the programme?
There are funding opportunities which may be applicable to your circumstances, see the following link: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/scholarships/graduate/
• I am currently studying for a medical degree and wish to intercalate this programme. Is this possible?
Intercalating an MSc degree into an undergraduate UK medical programme of study is possible, depending upon your Home Institution and degree programme. You will need to have the equivalent of an intercalated BSc in Biology (or similar subject) completed and take an interruption of studies. This will require a special admissions procedure, please contact the course tutor for further details.
• If I am accepted on to the programme can I apply to stay in UCL accommodation?
UCL accommodation is only open to international graduate students and there is a deadline to apply in the spring. Conditions apply: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/accommodation/applications/eligibility/ . Graduate students from the UK/EU should see private sector accommodation.
Tel:+44 (0)20 7679 6658
Program Coordinator & Tutor
Dr Julie Olszewski
Tel:+44 (0)20 7679 6911