This fund aims to help UCL Cancer Institute Postgraduate research students and UCL Cancer Institute research staff pay the costs involved in attending and participating in scientific conferences. Applications will be accepted twice per year (March and September) and priority will be given to eligible individuals who submit an application to the UCL Graduate School student or staff conference fund for matching funding.
Must be a registered (enrolled) MPhil/PhD, MD (Res) or other research graduate student within the Cancer Institute. It is generally expected that you will be presenting a poster or giving an oral presentation about your research.
For UCL Cancer Institute associated academic contract research staff (postdoctoral fellows, research associates, UCL honorary appointments at this level, etc.) and technical staff. Award is for those staff presenting a poster or an oral presentation about their research, having been in their position for at least 6 months.
- Priority is given to first time applicants
- Applications should be received at least 1 month before the meeting; no retrospective applications will be funded
- Travel, accommodation and conference fees up to (£800) are eligible expenses; subsistence and banquet fees are not covered
- Awards given usually cover a portion of the travel costs. Applicants are encouraged to secure matching funds from the graduate school or other sources
- Successful applicants will need to generate a one page report upon the return from their conference
Informal enquiries and general questions, to:
Dr Julie Olszewski
Tel:+44 (0)20 7679 6911
E-mail: j.olszewski @ ucl.ac.uk