The Athena SWAN Charter was established by the Equality Challenge Unit to recognise commitment to advancing the careers of women in science, technology, engineering, maths and medicine (STEMM) employment in higher education and research. The Charter has since been expanded to cover additional disciplines and addresses gender equality more broadly.
In 2014, the UCL Cancer Institute successfully achieved a Silver Athena SWAN Award. The Award recognises the good practice and progress we have made in advancing the careers of women in science.
UCL Cancer Institute Mentoring Scheme
A new mentoring initiative for Institute staff to help support and develop your career. Using Action Learning techniques, you will meet in small groups, with others who are at similar stages in their career. Learn more >
UCL Athena SWAN Fact Sheets
UCL Equalities, Diversity and Inclusion Team have produced a range of fact sheets covering key information for UCL staff. There are seven fact sheets in total:
- Fact sheet 1 - Career Development
- Fact sheet 2 - Support for Early Career Researchers
- Fact sheet 3 - Recruitment
- Fact sheet 4 - Support for Students and Student Recruitment
- Fact sheet 5 - Flexible Working and Support for Parents and Carers
- Fact sheet 6 - Culture
- Fact sheet 7 - The Athena SWAN Process and Data