The Athena SWAN Charter was established by the Equality Challenge Unit to recognise commitment to advancing the careers of women in science, technology, engineering, maths and medicine (STEMM) employment in higher education and research. The Charter has since been expanded to cover additional disciplines and addresses gender equality more broadly.
In 2014, the UCL Cancer Institute successfully achieved a Silver Athena SWAN Award. The Award recognises the good practice and progress we have made in advancing the careers of women in science.
Faculty of Medical Sciences Professional Services Conference
Wednesday 23 November 9:00am-12:30pm
A half day of informative talks and sessions aimed at personal development. These are geared towards ALL professional services staff across the Faculty, and represents our commitment to support you in your critical role in delivering the Faculty’s strategy for academic excellence. The event offers a great chance to network, find out what’s happening across the Faculty and learn new things.
UCL Athena SWAN Fact Sheets
UCL Equalities, Diversity and Inclusion Team have produced a range of fact sheets covering key information for UCL staff. There are seven fact sheets in total:
- Fact sheet 1 - Career Development
- Fact sheet 2 - Support for Early Career Researchers
- Fact sheet 3 - Recruitment
- Fact sheet 4 - Support for Students and Student Recruitment
- Fact sheet 5 - Flexible Working and Support for Parents and Carers
- Fact sheet 6 - Culture
- Fact sheet 7 - The Athena SWAN Process and Data
UCL Cancer Institute Mentoring Scheme
To all female academics at postdoctoral or junior group leader level
- Do you wish to further develop your career objectives?
- Do you need some assistance in identifying your short and long-term career goals?
- Do you feel that you need some advice on career-related issues or obstacles?
Athena SWAN newsletter
Catch up on the latest UCL Cancer Institute Athena SWAN news, including an introduction from new Athena SWAN lead, Professor Paolo Salomoni, and current Institute initiatives. View April 2016 newsletter