Editorial work opportunity in UCL Media Relations
UCL Media Relations is looking for casual editorial workers to help us deliver a diverse range of online materials including press releases, student news stories, blogs and social media content.
The Media Relations office at UCL deals with an extremely broad range of media, due to the wide scope of activity at the university.
We are looking for enthusiastic candidates to help us communicate our key messages, which include our world-leading research, our excellent teaching, our commitment to widening access to the university and our involvement with the local community.
In an average week you might write up a student news story, blog about a high-profile lecture, devise a twitter campaign, write a press release based on research conducted at UCL, record an interview for a podcast, or help set up a film shoot.
We are therefore looking for individuals who:
- have excellent written English, with an eagle eye for detail
- are keen to learn new skills
- are interested in news media
- are interested in a range of subjects, spanning arts, humanities and sciences
- are interested in social media and multimedia
- would be comfortable liaising with people at different levels of seniority
- have a demonstrable in-depth knowledge of UCL
- have a mature and enthusiastic approach to work, and are happy to work in a lively open-plan office.
You must be available to work in our central London office near Euston, and be willing to undertake some routine tasks.
We can offer in return:
- an excellent grounding in a variety of communications skills relevant to a number of careers in the journalistic, creative and public relations industries
- the opportunity to experience and contribute to the running of communications and media relations within a large, complex organisation
- the opportunity to learn and write about a wide range of stimulating subjects
- an experienced communications professional to supervise and guide you
- a supportive and friendly environment
- payment in arrears according to the UCL salary scales at Grade 5, point 15 (currently £11.79 per hour) http://www.ucl.ac.uk/hr/salary_scales/final_grades.php
If you would like to be considered for work, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line marked 'editorial work opportunity', explaining in no more than 500 words why you are interested and why you think you are suitable. Please also attach an example of your writing and a brief CV.
The current recruitment round will close on Wednesday 23 October 2013 at 5:00 PM.