All the work undertaken by the International Office is underpinned by research, which enables us to understand different markets as well as develop a deep knowledge of the opportunities for all the different subjects offered at UCL.
We write an International Recruitment Analysis report for each faculty, which is designed to inform each faculty’s own recruitment strategies and targets. We also offer bespoke advice on market conditions for departments launching new programmes.
We prepare detailed analyses of all of UCL's key markets and also shorter country briefing sheets which are suitable for both incoming and outgoing visits.
The International Office is also involved in the Student Barometer, formerly the International Student Barometer (ISB), a survey of students in the autumn and in the spring. The ISB tracks decision-making, expectations, perceptions and intentions of students from application to graduation and UCL is benchmarked against key competitors. The International Office can provide each faculty with ISB data for their students.
- For more information on the Faculty analysis please contact Julie Rolls, or the relevant International Office representative for your Faculty.
- Sample report for programme development application - MSc Experimental Pharmacology & Therapeutics (password protected).
- International Office Recruitment Activity Report. An annual evaluation of our activity and performance in every market we visit (password protected).
- ISB presentation: Summer Wave 2013 (password protected).
- Sample country briefing: China (password protected).