Affiliate student recruitment
Around 1,000 students each year spend a year or semester at UCL as an ‘affiliate’ student. These students (study abroad fee-paying, Erasmus and exchange) follow a programme of study at UCL and transfer credits back to their home institution for incorporation into their degree.
Support for UCL departments
We support various activities relating to affiliate student recruitment. These include:
- providing information to faculties and departments on how to develop and market programmes to these students
- providing analysis for departments on affiliate recruitment trends and how to use the Study Abroad Guide — the key marketing tool — to the best effect
- maintaining and developing links with partner institutions to facilitate the recruitment of fee-paying affiliate students and the exchange of UCL study abroad students
NB Lucy Gaunt, Student Mobility Manager, is responsible for exchanges organised as part of the Erasmus Programme.
- Study Abroad Guide
- Guidance in maximising affiliate recruitment via the Study Abroad Guide (pdf, 133KB, password protected)
- Affiliate Recruitment Strategy (pdf, 544KB, password protected)
- Erasmus exchanges - please contact Lucy Gaunt, Student Mobility Manager