Probationary Teaching Staff
CALT provides programmes to enable new staff to meet the mandatory training requirements set out in the UCL Probationary Policies and Guidelines below.
who teach are required to gain professional
recognition for their
teaching expertise by gaining a Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy or
an equivalent academic award.
In order to do this at UCL, they must either:
- Complete the UCL Arena Two Academic Practice Pathway run by the Centre for the Advancement of Learning and Teaching (CALT)
- Complete the full Professional Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher and Professional Education (PCTLHPE), taught by the Institute of Education.
Both programmes lead to the award of a
Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy.
Useful information, forms and guidelines:
- UCL Teaching Fellows: Induction and Probation Procedure (link to HR web site)
- UCL Probationary Lecturer and Research Fellow Scheme (PDF)
- UCL Request for Exemption from Probationary Requirement Form (Word doc)
Page last modified on 30 jun 14 16:31