EDUCGE02 Researcher Professional Development
Module Leader: Dr Paul Walker
The module aims to:
- develop participants’ conceptions of what it means to be a professional;
- develop participants’ understanding of how professional development occurs;
- develop participants’ ability to forward their own professional development;
- develop participants’ abilities to learn from experience with planning, action & reflection.
By the end of the component, participants should be able to:
- understand the meanings of professionalism and professional development;
- know about professional development methods;
- know how to plan and manage their own professional development and support others;
- critically evaluate professional development needs and progress claimed, in an evidence-based case.
Dates and times
All sessions are either 11am-1pm or 2pm-4pm.
All sessions will be held Room B.09 at 66 - 72 Gower Street
|Friday 5th October 2012|
|Friday 19th October 2012|
|Friday 2nd November 2012|
|Friday 16th November 2012|
Friday 30th November 2012
|Friday 14th December 2012|
Final assessed coursework submission deadline
Monday 7th January 2013
Page last modified on 09 oct 12 13:49