2012-2013 Submissions Information
Calls for 2012/13 nominations are now open.
Who can make a submission?
Deans, in consultation with Heads
of Departments, are invited to put forward nominations for Provost’s Teaching
Awards in any of the award categories.
Who can be nominated?
Submissions can be made for staff in any post at UCL - Professor, Lecturer, Research or Teaching Fellow, Lab Technician, Librarian, Learning Technologist, Administrator etc. – since the overriding consideration is that they make a significant contribution to the advancement of learning at UCL.
Please note that only paid employees of UCL can be nominated.
A panel convened by Professor Anthony Smith, Vice-Provost (Education), will determine a list of staff to be recommended to the Provost for the receipt of awards.
In all categories, the panel will wish to see clear evidence of at least one of the following benefits to UCL:
- Furtherance of UCL’s commitment to education for global citizenship, social responsibility, leadership, internationalisation of the curriculum;
- Innovative developments in assessment, learning and teaching within and/or across disciplines;
- Innovative use of new technologies in teaching and learning;
- Engagement in the development of interdisciplinary programmes and transdisciplinary student projects (especially those which include industry, NGOs and public engagement);
- Innovation in activities which help students to learn and to develop world class skills: tutoring, peer-assisted learning, study skills, student involvement, addressing special needs and accessibility issues etc.
Please read the guidance and criteria before fully completing the form as your application will be refused if these requirements are not met.
Email forms to: email@example.com