UCL Centre for the Advancement of Learning and Teaching
- About Us
- Faculty-Specific Provision
- Probationary Requirement
- Courses & Workshops
- An Introduction to Research Student Supervision
- Effective Research Student Supervision at UCL
- Introduction to Examining Research Doctorates
- Single Training Booking System Information
- The Art of Teaching: Theatre Techniques for the Classroom
- Provost's Teaching Awards
- Contact Us
Introduction to Examining Research Doctorates
Tuesday 6th May 2014
Thursday 5th June 2014
all sessions from 2pm-5.30pm
Professor David Bogle
Head of the Graduate School
Ms Helen Notter
Head of Student Records, Registry and Academic Services
This half-day session workshop is run by the Graduate School and provides an introduction to UCL's procedures and guidelines for examining research doctorates, as well as preparation for examining at other institutions.
The session will provide an overview of the main issues involved in examining research degrees successfully, together with an opportunity to consider case studies and discuss best practice.
The session will be particularly relevant to academics who have not examined previously.
Page last modified on 10 apr 14 09:47