UCL Centre for the Advancement of Learning and Teaching
- About Us
- Faculty-Specific Provision
- Professional Qualification
- Provost's Teaching Awards
- Projects & Resources
- Contact Us
Call for proposals extended to Jan 10th 2014
Single Training Booking System Information
All bookings are made via the Single Training Booking System (STBS). You can now manage your own bookings online whilst the system gets updated in real time.
STBS - what you can do:
- View your bookings - view and manage your current bookings on any learning event or its reserve list, or cancel your interest once you have attended or are no longer interested - just go into the 'My Bookings' tab
- Search or browse - search events by name, date or keyword, and browse courses using the A-Z or calendar
- Book a place - book a place on a learning event or reserve list
- Register interest/register for a course
- Cancel a place/cancel interest - just go into the 'My Bookings' tab
- FAQ's for STBS are here
UCL Staff and Students
A charge will not be incurred for any cancellations received with more than three working days' notice. A £50 administration fee is likely to be charged for non-attendance or last-minute cancellations by members of UCL staff or students. A charge is likely to be incurred for:
- Non-attendance without prior notification to the course provider
- Cancellation made three working days or less before the event
- Events advertised as multi-part sessions are likely to incur a cancellation charge for the session cancelled and all other sessions
For courses open to external participants there will not be a charge for any cancellations received with more than three working days' notice.
- Non-attendance without prior notification to the course provider on cancellations made three working days or less before the event is likely to incur the full cost of the event
- Events advertised as multi-part sessions are likely to incur the full cost of the session cancelled and all other sessions
This policy has been agreed by all the major training providers in UCL and approved by the Human Resources Policy Committee as non-attendance is a major problem, causing inconvenience and wasting limited training resources.
- For the full cancellation policy please visit the UCL Single Training Booking System website.
Information for Honorary UCL Staff & External Applicants
When a training event is advertised as being open to honorary staff, associate staff and intercollegiate staff from the University of London and partnership organisations acting as Research Supervisors at UCL (such as the course An Introduction to Research Student Supervision at UCL) you must book your training as an external candidate and create a new account by registering.
Honorary members of staff can use the booking system if they have a current record in the Human Resources ResourceLink database. If you are not in the HR database you will not be able to log in. Your departmental administrator (DA) will be able to check this for you.
Should an event be advertised as being open to external participants, you must book your training as an external candidate.
Completing the Course
CALT will record your completion of this course on the electronic UCL staff training records as a contribution to your professional development. This will be done within three weeks of you completing the course. You can check your UCL training records online at MyView.
Postgraduate Research Students:
Postgraduate research students who are interested in short courses in teaching and assessment (which form part of the Graduate Skills Development Programme) can book onto the Graduate School's Teaching Skills for the PhD Student course.
UCL Staff Training Links:
- UCL Teaching and Learning Portal
- ELE (E-Learning Environments)
- UCL ISD Training
- Management and Administrative Systems Training
- UCL OSD (Organisational and Staff Development) Training
Page last modified on 11 oct 12 16:53