UCL Medical School News
NSS results 2013 - UCLMS top in London!
May 29, 2013 13:03PM
UCL remains London’s top ranked medical school for 4 years running!Read more...
UCLMS Medical Education Conference - Transitions in Medical Education
May 07, 2013 09:15AM
Booking has now opened for our third Medical Education Conference on the 12th June 2013!Read more...
UCLMS Seminar: 'Practicing professionalism in an age of digital social networking': exploring the digital divide
Mar 22, 2013 12:18PM
Dr Scott Rice – Practicing professionalism in an age of digital social networking: exploring the digital divideRead more...
UCL Medical School Hubs
Mar 22, 2013 12:17PM
We’re very pleased to announce that the first stage of a major estates upgrade for UCL Medical School is now underway. The upgrade is designed to develop Student HUBS and enhanced teaching space at each of our 3 main campuses. Plans and progress will be published on the UCLMS website as the projects develop at each site.Read more...
NHS Change Day: do something better together
Feb 15, 2013 16:54PM
NHS Change Day will take place on 13.03.13. It will be one day during which the collective energy, creativity and ideas of thousands of NHS staff, and those who support the NHS, in all areas of work and right across the country, will demonstrate how one simple action or new idea can make a difference and improve care for patients, their families and their carers. The team behind NHS Change Day are asking people to make pledges of an action or idea. You can see our pledge on the NHS Change Day pledge wall .Read more...
Clinical Assessment Centre Facilities and Equipment
The Clinical Assessment Centre has been purpose designed to host clinical and communication skills training and assessment events, whilst still offering traditional conference and meeting facilities.
The facilities and equipment available to our centre users are shown in the tabs below. Our centre staff are experienced in the set up and use of all facilities and equipment and are happy to give advice. We may also be able to source equipment which is not listed below so please contact us with your specific requirements.
The centre is equipped with examination couches and linen to perform physical examinations. We also have available clinical equipment and consumables to be able to perform the following skills:
- IV drugs preparation and administration
- Male catheterisation
Blood pressure and observations
- Blood cultures
- Arterial blood gas sampling
- Peak flow reading
Scrubbing and gowning
- Lesion excision
- Auscultation - with a stethoscope or with included signs using the Ventriloscope
Please contact us if there is something you would need or a clinical skill you would want to include in your event and we will endeavour to source this from within the UCL Medical School or externally.
The Clinical Assessment Centre's refurbishment included the installation of a high-specification audio-visual system which includes the following features:
PA system with a speaker in all rooms along the central corridor
Rooms 218, 220, 222 and 226
- two wall mounted 55" 3D LCD display with ceiling speakers (220 and 222)
wall mounted 47" LCD display with ceiling speakers (226)
- ceiling-mounted projector with ceiling speakers (218)
- tablet controlled audio and video units with Mac mini computers
observation room for communication skills suite (218, 220 and 222)
In addition to our built in audio visual equipment we have the following facilities and equipment:
- two Dell laptops with wireless and wired internet connections
- media pointers/slide changers
- USB speakers
- Photocopier/scanner (may incur extra charge)
We have established the centre with a comprehensive stock of standard medical simulators which are listed below. We are also able to source simulators from within the UCL Medical School. It is anticipated that our stock of simulators will continue to grow.
- Cyst excision pads
- BLS manikin family (adult, junior and baby)
- Ventriloscope - wireless transmission of heart, chest and bowel sounds to a stethoscope to give signs to any patient or actor
Full bodied CPR/Trauma manikin
- Venepuncture/cannulation/IV arm
- Venepuncture arm band and pad (for attaching to a volunteer/actor)
We have a wide range of general equipment and facilities which our centre users are welcome to use, examples include:
Flipchart, paper and pens
- Pen, pencils and paper
- Coat rail and lockers (rooms 217, 225 and 226)
- 180cm high mobile room dividers
- Flexible and mobile hospital screens
The Clinical Assessment Centre is full accessible with lift access to the 2nd floor. Other amenities include:
- Male, female and accessible WC
- Water cooler
- Coffee machine (may incur a charge)
- Radiators and fan heating/cooling
Page last modified on 20 dec 11 14:02