UCL Medical School News
UCLMS Seminar: The intercalated BSc - Dr Melvyn Jones - 10th March
Mar 05, 2014 11:24AM
The intercalated BSc - why do medical schools offer them and what do they achieve?Read more...
Provost’s Public Engagement Awards
Feb 12, 2014 14:23PM
Winner: Engager of the year (researcher/academic grade 8 and above) Dr Jayne Kavanagh, UCL Medical SchoolRead more...
Jane Dacre holds first MRCP PACES in Myanmar
Jan 08, 2014 10:49AM
This November, Professor Jane Dacre led the very first PACES for MRCP (Member of the Royal College of Physicians) in Myanmar. This was successfully held in New Yangon General Hospital, one of the teaching hospitals of the University of Medicine, Yangon.Read more...
UCLMS Social Media Policy
Nov 01, 2013 17:10PM
Social media has become a powerful part of the web in recent years and has changed the way we communicate and collaborate online. Many organisations, such as the GMC and the BMA, politicians and medical journals are actively using social media and discussions of various aspects of the professional lives of doctors are increasingly seen on Facebook, Twitter and blogs.Read more...
Obituary: Dr Daniel Brudney
Oct 02, 2013 09:08AM
We are very sad to report the death of Dr Daniel Brudney in a car crash on Friday 13 September.Read more...
Clinical Assessment Centre Facilities and Equipment
The Clinical Assessment Centre has been purpose designed to host clinical and communication skills training and assessment events, whilst still offering traditional conference and meeting facilities.
The facilities and equipment available to our centre users are shown in the tabs below. Our centre staff are experienced in the set up and use of all facilities and equipment and are happy to give advice. We may also be able to source equipment which is not listed below so please contact us with your specific requirements.
The centre is equipped with examination couches and linen to perform physical examinations. We also have available clinical equipment and consumables to be able to perform the following skills:
- IV drugs preparation and administration
- Male catheterisation
Blood pressure and observations
- Blood cultures
- Arterial blood gas sampling
- Peak flow reading
Scrubbing and gowning
- Lesion excision
- Auscultation - with a stethoscope or with included signs using the Ventriloscope
Please contact us if there is something you would need or a clinical skill you would want to include in your event and we will endeavour to source this from within the UCL Medical School or externally.
The Clinical Assessment Centre's refurbishment included the installation of a high-specification audio-visual system which includes the following features:
PA system with a speaker in all rooms along the central corridor
Rooms 218, 220, 222 and 226
- two wall mounted 55" 3D LCD display with ceiling speakers (220 and 222)
wall mounted 47" LCD display with ceiling speakers (226)
- ceiling-mounted projector with ceiling speakers (218)
- tablet controlled audio and video units with Mac mini computers
observation room for communication skills suite (218, 220 and 222)
In addition to our built in audio visual equipment we have the following facilities and equipment:
- two Dell laptops with wireless and wired internet connections
- media pointers/slide changers
- USB speakers
- Photocopier/scanner (may incur extra charge)
We have established the centre with a comprehensive stock of standard medical simulators which are listed below. We are also able to source simulators from within the UCL Medical School. It is anticipated that our stock of simulators will continue to grow.
- Cyst excision pads
- BLS manikin family (adult, junior and baby)
- Ventriloscope - wireless transmission of heart, chest and bowel sounds to a stethoscope to give signs to any patient or actor
Full bodied CPR/Trauma manikin
- Venepuncture/cannulation/IV arm
- Venepuncture arm band and pad (for attaching to a volunteer/actor)
We have a wide range of general equipment and facilities which our centre users are welcome to use, examples include:
Flipchart, paper and pens
- Pen, pencils and paper
- Coat rail and lockers (rooms 217, 225 and 226)
- 180cm high mobile room dividers
- Flexible and mobile hospital screens
The Clinical Assessment Centre is full accessible with lift access to the 2nd floor. Other amenities include:
- Male, female and accessible WC
- Water cooler
- Coffee machine (may incur a charge)
- Radiators and fan heating/cooling
Page last modified on 20 dec 11 14:02