UCL Medical School News
UCLMS Social Media Policy
Nov 01, 2013 17:10PM
Social media has become a powerful part of the web in recent years and has changed the way we communicate and collaborate online. Many organisations, such as the GMC and the BMA, politicians and medical journals are actively using social media and discussions of various aspects of the professional lives of doctors are increasingly seen on Facebook, Twitter and blogs.Read more...
Obituary: Dr Daniel Brudney
Oct 02, 2013 09:08AM
We are very sad to report the death of Dr Daniel Brudney in a car crash on Friday 13 September.Read more...
UCLMS Medical Education Conference - Transitions in Medical Education
May 07, 2013 09:15AM
Booking has now opened for our third Medical Education Conference on the 12th June 2013!Read more...
UCLMS Seminar: 'Practicing professionalism in an age of digital social networking': exploring the digital divide
Mar 22, 2013 12:18PM
Dr Scott Rice – Practicing professionalism in an age of digital social networking: exploring the digital divideRead more...
UCL Medical School Hubs
Mar 22, 2013 12:17PM
We’re very pleased to announce that the first stage of a major estates upgrade for UCL Medical School is now underway. The upgrade is designed to develop Student HUBS and enhanced teaching space at each of our 3 main campuses. Plans and progress will be published on the UCLMS website as the projects develop at each site.Read more...
Clinical Assessment Centre Facilities and Equipment
The Clinical Assessment Centre has been purpose designed to host clinical and communication skills training and assessment events, whilst still offering traditional conference and meeting facilities.
The facilities and equipment available to our centre users are shown in the tabs below. Our centre staff are experienced in the set up and use of all facilities and equipment and are happy to give advice. We may also be able to source equipment which is not listed below so please contact us with your specific requirements.
The centre is equipped with examination couches and linen to perform physical examinations. We also have available clinical equipment and consumables to be able to perform the following skills:
- IV drugs preparation and administration
- Male catheterisation
Blood pressure and observations
- Blood cultures
- Arterial blood gas sampling
- Peak flow reading
Scrubbing and gowning
- Lesion excision
- Auscultation - with a stethoscope or with included signs using the Ventriloscope
Please contact us if there is something you would need or a clinical skill you would want to include in your event and we will endeavour to source this from within the UCL Medical School or externally.
The Clinical Assessment Centre's refurbishment included the installation of a high-specification audio-visual system which includes the following features:
PA system with a speaker in all rooms along the central corridor
Rooms 218, 220, 222 and 226
- two wall mounted 55" 3D LCD display with ceiling speakers (220 and 222)
wall mounted 47" LCD display with ceiling speakers (226)
- ceiling-mounted projector with ceiling speakers (218)
- tablet controlled audio and video units with Mac mini computers
observation room for communication skills suite (218, 220 and 222)
In addition to our built in audio visual equipment we have the following facilities and equipment:
- two Dell laptops with wireless and wired internet connections
- media pointers/slide changers
- USB speakers
- Photocopier/scanner (may incur extra charge)
We have established the centre with a comprehensive stock of standard medical simulators which are listed below. We are also able to source simulators from within the UCL Medical School. It is anticipated that our stock of simulators will continue to grow.
- Cyst excision pads
- BLS manikin family (adult, junior and baby)
- Ventriloscope - wireless transmission of heart, chest and bowel sounds to a stethoscope to give signs to any patient or actor
Full bodied CPR/Trauma manikin
- Venepuncture/cannulation/IV arm
- Venepuncture arm band and pad (for attaching to a volunteer/actor)
We have a wide range of general equipment and facilities which our centre users are welcome to use, examples include:
Flipchart, paper and pens
- Pen, pencils and paper
- Coat rail and lockers (rooms 217, 225 and 226)
- 180cm high mobile room dividers
- Flexible and mobile hospital screens
The Clinical Assessment Centre is full accessible with lift access to the 2nd floor. Other amenities include:
- Male, female and accessible WC
- Water cooler
- Coffee machine (may incur a charge)
- Radiators and fan heating/cooling
Page last modified on 20 dec 11 14:02