22nd BCISMRM Postgraduate Symposium
Save the date! Tuesday 19th March 2013 at the Wellcome Collection.
The Centre for Advanced Biomedical Imaging (CABI) at UCL is delighted to be hosting the 22nd British Chapter ISMRM Postgraduate symposium which will take place on Tuesday 19th March 2013. The symposium is aimed to provide a platform to promote the communication and collaboration within postgraduate students and early-career (up to three year) post-doctoral researchers in the field of magnetic resonance.
This year, we are going to do something different. Everyone who presents their work at this year's British Chapter ISMRM Postgraduate Symposium will be given a talk. Talks will fall into one of two categories:
1. Traditional presentations: 8 minutes + 2 minutes questions
2. Poster Pitches: 2 minutes + A0 poster.
The Poster Pitch is a two minute talk in which speakers can advertise their poster ahead of a traditional poster session. Speakers will give a quick-fire summary of their aim, main results and the importance of their work. There will be no questions: instead, audience members will make note of the most engaging Poster Pitches and seek them out afterwards.
This year's BC-ISMRM PG Symposium will be held at the Wellcome Collection in London. The museum is a mix of scientific exhibitions and modern art, often combining the two. Delegates will be encouraged to explore the Collection during the lunch break.
The Wellcome Collection is easily accessible by train and tube. Euston railway station is a few minutes walk away and King's Cross St. Pancras railway station is a 10 minute walk away.
Nearby tube stations include Euston, King's Cross St. Pancras, Euston Square, and Warren Street.
The Wellcome Collection full address is: 183 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE, UK.
View Larger Map
Registration and Abstract submission
Registration is now open through eventbrite: http://bcismrm-cabi.eventbrite.com/.
- Deadline: The deadline for registration and submission of abstracts is 23:59 on 28 February 2013.
- Format: Text should be at least 10 pt font, limited to one A4 page in length, and should include a title, authors and affiliations, background and aims, methods, results and conclusions. Abstracts should be emailed to James O’Callaghan ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) attached as a PDF document, not exceeding 10 MB.
- Fee: Attendance is free but is limited to 140 registrants. We anticipate that this year’s meeting will be very popular. Therefore, a £40 non-attendance fee will be charged for absent registrants. We urge you to please only register if you will definitely be joining us on the 19th March 2013!
8 minute presentation followed by 2 minutes of questions. Conventional rules apply.
2 minute presentation + A0 poster.
Pitch: Speakers should present a maximum of 3 slides including a title slide. The presentation should tell the audience who you are, the aim of your work and your main result. Please remember to put your poster number on each of your slides. An example Poster Pitch slideshow can be downloaded here: Poster Pitch Example.
Poster: Posters must be A0 size (841 x 1189 mm) in a portrait orientation: this is very important otherwise your posters will extend beyond the edge of the poster board.
You will be given a Poster Number. Please put this at the top of your Poster Pitch and the poster itself.
Programme - 9.00am to 18.30pm
- 09:00-09:30 Registration opens
- 09:30-11:15 Traditional Presentations Session 1
- 11:15-11:45 Refreshments
- 11:45-13:30 Traditional Presentations Session 2
- 13:30-15:00 Lunch, with opportunity to explore Wellcome Collection
- 15:00-16:30 Poster Pitches
- 16:30-17:30 Poster Session & Refreshments
- 17:30-18:30 Traditional Presentations Session 3 & Prizes Announcement
- 18:30 Close
The symposium flyer can be downloaded here: PG BC-ISMRM 2013 Flyer.
Unfortunately, we cannot provide accommodation for attendees. However, there are some affordable and reputable hostels located very near to the Wellcome Collection. These include The Generator Hostel in Bloomsbury ( http://generatorhostels.com/en/destinations/london/ ) , and the even closer YHA Youth Hostel ( http://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/london-st-pancras ) opposite St. Pancras Station on Euston Road.
- Rail. The Wellcome Collection is located opposite Euston Station, and is within 5 minutes' walk of both St. Pancras and King's Cross Stations. Waterloo and Paddington Stations are accessible via Underground, bicycle, bus and foot.
- Underground. St. Pancras, Euston and Warren Street underground stations are all within 5 minutes' walk, and Euston Square is immediately adjacent to the entrance to the Wellcome Collection.
- Bus. TFL's website ( http://www.tfl.gov.uk/ ) provides a bus route journey planner.
- Bicycle. UCL provides free bicycle parking at the locations shown on these maps: ( http://walkruncycleucl.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/parking1.jpg and http://www.ucl.ac.uk/find-us ). TFL Cycle Hire bicycles are provided for a fee at parking locations shown on this map:https://web.barclayscyclehire.tfl.gov.uk/maps .
There is further travel advice on the Wellcome Collection's own page ( http://www.wellcomecollection.org/visit-us/getting-here.aspx ), and UCL's (http://www.ucl.ac.uk/find-us ).
If you have any questions about the event, you can contact us directly by emailing: email@example.com.
Page last modified on 25 mar 13 14:33