The CAA offers advice and
assistance in the field of Heritage Interpretation. In collaboration
Prinicipal Consultants Chris
Hudson (Museum Design and Heritage Interpretation), Mike
Corbishley (Archaeology and Education) and Tim
Williams (Site Management and Interpretation),
the CAA offers the following
Planning and Advice
- Consultancy on interpretive planning
- Evaluation of interpretive programmes/resources/museum exhibitions and recommendations
Products and Assistance
• Museum Design
• Exhibition design and display
• Desk-top publication
• Films and documentaries and promotional videos (certain areas)
• Web-based dissemination (design and production of web-pages)
• Design, writing, production and illustrations for archaeological reports
Research, illustrations, design, script-writing and project management of interpretive
resources, such as:
• Leaflets, posters, fliers.
• Books and booklets.
• Orientation leaflets.
• Graphic Panels (indoor and on-site).
• Audiotours .
• Specialist interpretation resources for special needs and disabled visitors.
• Re-enactments and historic events.
Training and Master Classes
• Staff training in interpretive planning, site interpretation and exhibition
• Master Classes in Museum and Site Interpretation and Exhibition Design and
Read more about the Expert
Our Principal Consultant Chris
Hudson has won the
• Chris Hudson designed the Kilmartin House Museum which won the Gulbenkian
Prize for Museums and the Scottish Museum of the Year award.
• Chris was the designer for the Sutton Hoo exhibition and site interpretation.
• The recent Cloister Gallery at Dorchester Abbey, designed by Chris, was in
the short-list of 10 finalists for the 2006 Gulbenkian Prize and received the
Oxford Preservation Society Conservation Award.
Site Interpretation Panel at WHS of Merv.
Medieval stonework display - Cloister Gallery at Dorchester on Thames Abbey.
Work undertaken by Chris Hudson.
Text, images, reconstruction drawings, replicas and sound in the Sutton Hoo
exhibition.Work undertaken by Chris Hudson.