UCL Faculty of Brain Sciences
- About the Faculty
- Divisions & Institutes
- Faculty Intranet
Suite 1a, Maple House, 149 Tottenham Court Road, London W1T 7NF
Tel: +44 20 7679 6924
Published: Sep 15, 2014 11:02:36 AM
Published: Sep 5, 2014 9:00:00 AM
Published: Aug 12, 2014 10:31:44 AM
Published: Aug 5, 2014 10:06:40 AM
The Faculty organises events throughout the year to give students an opportunity to showcase research, develop skills and experience and build networks across our Divisions and Institutes.
The first annual Faculty of Brain Sciences Undergraduate Conference took place on 19 March 2014.
Students from all four undergraduate programmes
participated, 36 students in total. All gave a 10 minute presentation
about their research project to an audience of staff and students from
across the Faculty, followed by 5 minutes of questions.
The aim was to give students an experience of a 'real
world' academic conference. Staff were impressed by the scope and
variety of research on display and students enjoyed the opportunity to
present their research and learn about other students' work.
Our second Postgraduate Symposium took place on 21 February
2014. Students from across the Faculty displayed their posters and
participated in a '2-minute Research' presentation.
Our three winners impressed the judges with both their posters and their ability to communicate their research clearly and concisely.
- Winner: Jorge Castillo Quan (IoN)
- Runner up: Julian Tillmann (PaLS)
- Runner up:Mircea Zloteanu (PaLS)
On Wednesday 29 January students from across the Faculty came together to learn about the support that UCL can offer in terms of entrepreneurship, internships, training, funding and business interaction.
This is the first event of its kind and attracted an excellent line up of presentations. The first hour consisted of short presentations from Faculty and UCL staff involved in enterprise and student support for enterprise, plus the 2102 winner of the UCL Bright Ideas competition, a Psychology graduate.
Our speakers included:
- Professor Alan Thompson, Dean Faculty of Brain Sciences
- Professor Steve Moss, Vice Dean Enterprise, Faculty of Brain Sciences (slides)
- Professor Geraint Rees, Director of the Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, Chair of the School of Life and Medical Sciences Enterprise and Knowledge Transfer Board
- Dr Jake Fairnie, 2012 UCL Bright Ideas winner (slides)
- Dr Veronique Birault, Senior Chemist, GSK and Visiting Professor, UCL Faculty of Medical Sciences
- Gurpreet Jagpal, Deputy Director UCL Advances (slides)
Page last modified on 04 jul 14 10:43