About our courses
The Department offers several degree programmes at the BEng and MEng levels of Biochemical Engineering. We also offer a BSc in Bioprocessing of New Medicines.
A key theme of the UCL degree programmes in biochemical engineering and bioprocessing is one of flexibility. We believe that it is important to give you the freedom to select the degree that suits you best, and for you to be able to do this when you have sufficient knowledge of the programmes to be confident in your decision. There are seven degree programmes to choose from; four 4-year programmes at MEng level and one 3-year programme at BEng level in Biochemical Engineering. These programmes are accredited by the professional body, The Institution of Chemical Engineers. The accredited status of all the programmes means that they provide the essential academic entry point to Chartered Engineering (CEng) status.
Our two new programmes in Bioprocessing of New Medicines are designed to provide a broad skills set for those who wish to focus on the science and economics of creating modern medicines. They come in two flavours, Science and Engineering which has a focus on lab research. The Business and Management stream looks at biobusiness planning and runs courses with the Department of Management Science and Innovation.
- BSc in Bioprocessing of New Medicines (Science and Engineering)
- BSc in Bioprocessing of New Medicines (Business and Management)
- BEng in Biochemical Engineering
- MEng in Biochemical Engineering
- MEng in Biochemical Engineering (with Study Abroad)
- MEng in Biochemical Engineering (with Bioprocess Management)
- MEng in Biochemical Engineering (with Chemical Engineering)
Page last modified on 21 sep 11 23:47