Dr Jelena Ruscic
Post-doctoral Research Associate
Phone: +44 (0)207 679 7733 (x 07733)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diploma (Masters ecv.), Molecular Biology, University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia (2007)
- PhD, Biology (Virology), University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia (2014)
My research interests lie in application and development of chromatography based approaches for virus and viral vector purification and analytics. Currently, I am working with two viral vectors, Ad5 and Lentivirus, that are used in gene therapy. My previous research involved the development of a chromatography based concentrating method for improved Potato spindle tuber viroid RT-qPCR detection, chromatographic separation of individual plant viruses present in the same sample as well as application of monolith chromatography in Ad5 analytics.
- Ruščić J, Gutiérrez-Aguirre I, Tušek Žnidarič M, Kolundžija S, Slana A, Barut M, Ravnikar M, Krajačić M (2015) A new application of monolithic supports: The separation of viruses from one another. Journal of Chromatography A 1388; 69-78
- Ruščić J, Gutiérrez-Aguirre I, Urbas L, Kramberger P, Mehle N, Škorić D, Barut M, Ravnikar M, Krajačić M (2013) A novel application of methacrylate based short monolithic columns: Concentrating Potato spindle tuber viroid from water samples. Journal of Chromatography A 1274; 129–136.
- Cerni S, Skoric D, Ruscic J, Krajacic M, Papic T, Djelouah K, Nolasco G (2009) East Adriatic – a reservoir region of severe Citrus tristeza virus strains. European Journal of Plant Pathology 4:701–706.
- Černi S, Ruščić J, Nolasco G, Gatin Ž, Krajačić M, Škorić D (2008) Stem pitting and seedling yellows symptoms of Citrus tristeza virus infection may be determined by minor sequence variants. Virus Genes 36:241–249.