Dr Nikolay Dimov
Post-Doctoral Research Associate
+44 (0)20 7679 7745
- PhD in Microfluidic System Design and Microfabrication, University of Twente
- MSc in Molecular Bioengineering, Technical University of Dresden
- BSc in Biotechnology and Chemical Technology, State Technical University of Saint Petersburg
The main objective of Nikolay’s research as a Post-Doctoral Research Associate at UCL is to explore the scalability of downstream continuous processing with focus on mass transfer mechanisms in microfluidic systems and large scale. By implementing numerical simulations he guides design concepts that enhance downstream process development and system integration. He is also supporting PhD and MSc who pursue projects in microfluidics as part of their academic career.
- D. J. Kinahan, S. M. Kearney, N. Dimov, M. T. Glynn, J. Ducrée (2014) “Event-triggered logical flow control for comprehensive process integration of multi-step assays on centrifugal microfluidic platforms,” Lab on a Chip, Issue 13, 2249-2258
- N. Dimov, E. Clancy, J. Gaughran, D. Boyle, D. Mc Auley, M. T. Glynn, R. M. Dwyer, H. Coughlan, T. Barry, L. M. Barrett, T. J. Smith and J. Ducrée (2014) “Solvent-selective routing for centrifugally automated solid-phase purification of RNA,” Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10404-014-1477-9.
- L. Muñoz, N. Dimov, G. Carot-Sans, W. P. Bula, J.G.E. Gardeniers and A. Guerrero (2012) ”Mimicking insect communication: release and detection of pheromone, biosynthesized by an alcohol acetyl transferase immobilized in a microreactor,” PLoS ONE 7(11): e47751. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0047751
- N. Dimov, L. Muñoz, G. Carot-Sans, M. Vehoeven, W.P. Bula, G. Kocer, A. Guerrero, J.G.E. Gardeniers (2011) “Pheromone synthesis in a biomicroreactor coated with anti-adsorption polyelectrolyte multilayer,” Biomicrofluidics, 5(3), 034102, http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.3608138
- Kinahan, D. J., Ducree, J., Dimov, N. G., Kearney, S., Vereshchagina, E., Gaughran, J., . . . Barrett, L. (2014). Microfluidic Device. WO/2014/198939.