- MBI® Training
- Work with us
- VISION Executive Training
- EPSRC Centre
- EngD Centre
- Synthetic Biology
- High Throughput Bioprocess Design
- Industrial Biotechnology
- Macromolecular Bioprocessing
- Cell Therapy Bioprocessing
- EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training
Design of Experiments for Bioprocess Optimisation
Learn how experimental design techniques can be used to rapidly understand and optimise bioprocess performance.
13-15 March 2017
This module shows laboratory scientists and engineers how experimental design techniques can be used to rapidly understand and optimise bioprocess performance. It provides managers with insights on how experimental design and small scale experimental models can underpin Quality by Design (QbD) approaches. Training is focused on the hands on use of DoE software rather than underlying statistics. Bioprocess case studies, supported by a series of introductory and expert lectures will enable you to:
• Generate appropriate experimental designs within fixed research budgets and timescales.
• Ensure analytical methods can be validated and provide reliable data for process evaluation.
• Rapidly screen and optimise different fermentation media and operating conditions.
• Obtain the highest yield of active product throughout your downstream process sequence.
• Understand the relationship between DoE and QbD
Who should attend?
The course is designed for all those involved in bioprocess development and optimisation including:
- Bioprocess applications specialists
- Hands-on bioprocess scientists and engineers
- Research managers and consultants
• Introduction to module and design of experiments
• Introduction to experimental design techniques and software
• Case studies: analytical method validation (OFAT vs DoE)
• Industrial analytical method validation using DoE
• Screening and optimisation of microbial fermentations
• Case study: fermentation process screening
• Case study: fermentation process optimisation and scaleup
• Application of DoE in mammalian cell culture process development
• Case study: primary product recovery by microfiltration
• Optiisation and validation of chromatographic steps for antibody purification
• Protein refolding, stabilisation and formulation
• Bioprocess management and quality benefits of DoE
• Discussion forum
Prof Gary Lye - Module Leader
Dr Frank Baganz
Dr Daniel Bracewell,
Prof Paul Dalby
Industrial Expert Speakers Include
PRISM Training and Consultancy
A social networking event will be held for delegates and speakers
For further information and bookings please contact:
T: +44 (0) 20 7679 9619 I +44 (0) 203 549 5619
Page last modified on 25 may 16 09:29