- MBI® Training
- Work with us
- VISION Executive Training
- EPSRC Centre
- EngD Centre
- Synthetic Biology
- High Throughput Bioprocess Design
- Industrial Biotechnology
- Macromolecular Bioprocessing
- Cell Therapy Bioprocessing
- EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training
Bioprocess Facility Design
Focusing on how to take a process from a paper design to a fully-operational facility
26-29 June 2017
This module focuses on how to take a process from a paper design to fully-operational facility, and will enable you to:
- Design a plant layout considering the relevant regulatory requirements.
- Understand the impact of facility design requirements on costs.
- Determine a project schedule including phases, installation, commissioning and validation.
- Accurately interpret engineering drawings used in design.
- Prepare a safety and environmental review to define risks, hazards and safety strategy.
- Understand the role of contractors, work with them more effectively and analyse their proposals.
Who should attend?
This course is intended for engineers, chemists, biologists, biochemists and biotechnologists who are interested in facility design for bioprocesses. Each concept and topic covered will be explained for the beginner - an example case study is followed through the sequence of steps followed when performing facility design, the example selected is drawn from the previous “Bioprocess Design & Economic Evaluation” course.
Typically, delegates are: R&D scientists, engineers or managers who need to learn more about the typical steps which constitute the preliminary design process in conjunction with the “Bioprocess Design & Economic Evaluation” course.
• Introduction to module
• The life-cycle of an engineering project
• Working with contractors
• Managing the installation, commissioning & validation phases
• Modularization: a route to fast tracking
• Case study: industrial project schedule
• Introduction to plant layout & design
• Implications of modularization on layout
• Impact of GMP regulations on facility design & operation
• Defining hazards and GMP issues
• Case study: plant design and layout
• Case study: costing of total project
• Complying with safety regulations - theory & practice
• Case study: safety review
• An industrial case study of installation & commissioning
• Completion and review of project schedule
• Case study: managing change
• Design project presentations to a panel of senior industrialists
Dr Daniel Bracewell, UCL
Industrial Expert Speakers Include
BioPharm Services Ltd
eXmoor pharma concepts
Ipsen Biopharm LtdKimmel-Tec
White Water Limited
For further information and bookings please contact:
T: +44 (0) 20 7679 9619 l +44 (0) 203 549 5619
Page last modified on 28 jul 16 11:47