MBI News publication
- IChemE Award
- SME Engagement: Immbio Case Study
- New Directions for UCL Biocatalysis Research
- EPSRC Global Engagement Grant with India
- EPSRC Manufacturing Fellowship Award
- GE Healthcare
- MBI® Module: ‘Principles of Fermentation Processes’ Focusing on how to specify the process and how to determine its economic feasibility (30th Sept—2nd Oct 2013) £1,450
- Rapid Fermentation Process Design: From Development to Manufacture, Focusing on rapid fermentation process development and scale-up (14-16th Oct 2013) £1,450
- Downstream Processing: From Cell to Column Learn how to select the best recovery options for your bioprocess (11- 14th November 2013) £1,750
Rapid Fermentation Process Design: From Development to Manufacture, Focusing on rapid fermentation process development and scale-up (14-16th Oct 2013) £1,450
24 July 2013
This new module focuses on rapid fermentation process development and scale-up, through a series of lectures and case studies enabling you to:
• Understand engineering principles of fermentation.
• Determine power consumption and oxygen mass transfer.
• Evaluate different strategies for scale-up and scale-down.
• Know about miniaturised bioreactors and their role in fermentation process development.
• Understand how to design a bioreactor and use data from microscale experiments for scale-up.
UCL staff: Dr Frank Baganz, Prof Gary Lye, and Dr Martina Micheletti.
Industry expert speakers: Angus Thompson, FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies UK Limited; Barney Zoro, TAP Biosystems; Tibor Anderlei, Adolf Kuhner AG
For further information email email@example.com or call 0207 679 4411
Page last modified on 24 jul 13 14:56