MBI News publication
- IChemE Award
- SME Engagement: Immbio Case Study
- New Directions for UCL Biocatalysis Research
- EPSRC Global Engagement Grant with India
- EPSRC Manufacturing Fellowship Award
- GE Healthcare
- MBI® Module: ‘Principles of Fermentation Processes’ Focusing on how to specify the process and how to determine its economic feasibility (30th Sept—2nd Oct 2013) £1,450
- Rapid Fermentation Process Design: From Development to Manufacture, Focusing on rapid fermentation process development and scale-up (14-16th Oct 2013) £1,450
- Downstream Processing: From Cell to Column Learn how to select the best recovery options for your bioprocess (11- 14th November 2013) £1,750
EPSRC Manufacturing Fellowship Award
11 July 2012
The Department of Biochemical Engineering has won one of only four pilot EPSRC Manufacturing Fellowships awarded to Dr Ajoy Velayudhan to work with Prof Nigel Titchener-Hooker. Over the five year appointment it is hoped to establish, in the UK, a new area of interdisciplinary research in the rational design of processes for the cost-effective manufacture of therapeutic proteins. Dr Velayudhan has an established academic as well as industrial track record in the USA and will be joining UCL in the Autumn. The success is particularly important to the EPSRC Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Emergent Macromolecular Therapies as it increases the breadth of the studies that can be explored and the range of industry partners who will join the consortium.
He will join us in August.
Page last modified on 11 jul 12 14:57