National Centre Strategy
The EPSRC Centre occupies a unique position in the UK academic sector and operates with a particularly well-connected user base.
As a National Centre:
- Through feasibility studies and shared doctoral projects we are building a network of research collaborations with research centres in the UK and overseas to leverage the investment in our core research
- We have an extensive programme of knowledge transfer and dissemination activities to ensure the research generated in the Centre is transferred and adopted by the user community. We work closely with other organisations that specialise transferring research findings to industrial practice.
- The Centre and its network of collaborators is training the new generation of bioprocess engineers. We also ensure that our research is rapidly incorporated into our MBI and VISION programmes that provide professional development to industry personnel.
- We work with EPSRC, industry stakeholders (e.g. KTN and ABPI) and the High Value Manufacturing and Cell Therapy Catapults to ensure the UK develops a strong manufacturing agenda in the biotech sector.
- We provide a unique resource in manufacturing research for the biopharmaceutical sector that is a powerful force for change and innovation. We seek to help build the profile and significance of high value manufacturing research in the UK.
Framework for developing a National Centre strategy for the EPSRC Centre
Page last modified on 14 nov 13 14:33