- Bioprocess Facility Design - June 2014
- One-day IChemE Biochem - 24 April 2014
- 3rd Annual EPSRC Manufacturing the Future Conference 23rd – 24th September 2014
- 11th Annual bioProcessUK Conference 25-26 November 2014
Bioprocess Facility Design - June 2014
22 August 2013
Focusing on how to take a process from a paper design to a fully-operational facility
23 - 26 June 2014
This module focuses on how to take a process from a paper design to fully-operational facility, and will enable you to:
- Design a plant layout considering the relevant regulatory requirements.
- Understand the impact of facility design requirements on costs.
- Determine a project schedule including phases, installation, commissioning and validation.
- Accurately interpret engineering drawings used in design.
- Prepare a safety and environmental review to define risks, hazards and safety strategy.
- Understand the role of contractors, work with them more effectively and analyse their proposals.
Who should attend?
This course is intended for engineers, chemists, biologists, biochemists and biotechnologists who are interested in facility design for bioprocesses. Each concept and topic covered will be explained for the beginner - an example case study is followed through the sequence of steps followed when performing facility design, the example selected is drawn from the previous “Bioprocess Design & Economic Evaluation” course.
Typically, delegates are: R&D scientists, engineers or managers who need to learn more about the typical steps which constitute the preliminary design process in conjunction with the “Bioprocess Design & Economic Evaluation” course.
Page last modified on 22 aug 13 12:11