Biochemical Engineering news
- bioProcessUK presents inaugural Peter Dunnill Award
- UCL undergraduates win gold medal at International Genetically Engineered Machines (iGEM) competition hosted by MIT
- BiCE Team Win 2010 IChemE Innovation and Excellence Award
- The new EPSRC Centre launch in November 2011
- New MBI Courses Launched for 2011-2012
- UG Design Project Poster Session with Industrialists - 16th December 2011
- Platinum award for UCL synthetic biology competition student project
- Ashok Kumar Fellowship prize
- Abbott Innovation University Challenge Success
- Students on Course for a Career in Biochemical Engineering
- UCL- CPI: INDUSTRIAL BIOTECHNOLOGY TRAINING COLLABORATION
- Department Leads HEFCE Catalyst Fund Proposal to Enhance Therapeutic Discovery and Biomanufacture
Ashok Kumar Fellowship prize
31 January 2012
Congratulations to James Lawrence (Biochemical Engineering PhD student), Winner of the Ashok Kumar Fellowship
- This prize is awarded by IChemE and NEPIC
- The prize gives the winner an opportunity to work at the Parliamentary Office for Science and Technology (POST) for 3 months.
- The prize covers the full cost of researcher's funding for the 3 months, including stipend.
- James will produce either a short briefing note or contribute to a larger paper on a relevant piece of technology.
- UCL Biochemical Engineering has thus won the first 2 of these awards (1st was awarded to EngD student Iwan Thomas Roberts)
Further detail regarding James Lawrence's fellowship post can be found on the IChemE website.
Page last modified on 31 jan 12 10:52